1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News World of Warcraft has 9 million subscribers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 Jul 2007.

1. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

I don't really see what the buzz is about that game. I mean, its WoW. Theres absolutely nothing interesting. I find Ultima Online better, I wish they'd make UO2 like it was meant to be 7 years ago. But EA fired the Origin crew, those idiots. Now they're working on Tabula Rasa with NC Soft.

2. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

9 Million :eeek: RPGs have come a long way since the days of Dungeon Master Who would have thought it would get this big. Amazing.

3. Panos

Panos Member

For a retarded game they are doing very well. I would like ofc to see their region spread. Imho 80% will be Far Asia.
    No I'm sane enough and never played WoW.

I'm playing EVE since Beta, and before that UO since 1997. I need proper PVP where if you lose you actualy lost everything you had on you. Where the economy is player driven and expansions are FREE.

4. completemadness

completemadness New Member

sadly i have to say i play wow, just because the games market is far to stagnant ATM, and far too many people now play WoW

I also have to agree, paying for the expansion is a complete rip off, it should be free, i mean ffs whats the $15/mo paying for ?

5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

I have just started the 10 day trial and I have to say I am pretty impressed, never thought i would like it too much, always thought that it looked a little too cartoony for me. The part I am liking the most so far is that sure it is a fantasy game like so many others but it it not taking itself too seriously, I mean dwarves quoting AC DC songs while they fire a mortar and gnomes riding around on mechanical chickens.

I have held off subscribing for this long due to the fact that I had no money to spare on something like this, now things are changing I think I could get into the game pretty well. Simple, no brainer fun really.

6. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I used to play WoW. Does anyone want an unused 60-day game card?

7. completemadness

if its free ;)

8. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Yup for free. Chiefly, I'd like to give it to someone who hasn't played it yet ;)

9. completemadness

arg !!! :p ummm so yeah ... ignore what i said earlier ... i havent played wow ... :D

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

Well I have only just started the 10 day trial.....

11. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

Played it at my friends house for a couple hours. Got more boring and boring until I stopped. Way too repetitive if you ask me, and its a huge rip-off.

12. RTT

RTT #parp

I am so glad I never got sucked into WoW :)

13. Morphine-Kitty

Morphine-Kitty Dead account.

You're not missing much.

14. The_Gimpy

The_Gimpy New Member

Hook me up with some free wow time. I'd love to get into the game. Gave the 14 day a try, but it wasn't enough to see if i really wanted to get into it. I guess the game gets much more involved then the first little bit I got to do. I just can't justify buying the game to find out I don't like it after a month. 15$ plus the cost of the game is alot.

15. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

It's amazing how grinding for more levels for magical pants so you can get better magical pants can be so darned appealing for so many.

16. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Even more disturbing, is that some will kill you in real life for those magical pants if you steal them.:worried:

17. completemadness

i have to agree, grinding is teh suck

However, instances and raids are really good fun (if your group is good) - but one of the biggest things i hate, is you have to grind like 5 hours to do 1 hour of fun stuff

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

So far the levelling has not felt like grinding, it has gone along pretty well with the questing. I used to play SWG and levelling in that really felt like a grind, in that it felt like you had to get to CL90 before you could do anything else, WOW is not feeling that that at all, there is plenty of stuff I can do whatever level I am, in that respect the levelled areas is a pretty good idea

19. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

World of Warcraft isn't really a grind as far as time played-to-outcome gained is concerned; depends on how much individuals value game equipment. The game experience with friends great, simple, and relatively faster-paced than, say, Final Fantasy XI: Online (which I own as well). On the flipside, it was in those features where I found the game fumbled. My tastes in RPGs has shifted in time, and the immersive, role-playing fantasy factor that I sought in WoW (hence the MMORPG abbreviation) was thin, whereas FFXI emphasizes on characterization more--an inescapable trait of the FF franchise anyway. On the level of overall fun, yes, WoW is great. In terms of Lord of the Rings type of fantasy, it's a bit lacking. Still, thumbs up to WoW for attracting a fleshy (figuratively, and maybe physically) audience.

20. tewsfraba

tewsfraba New Member

Tags: Add Tags