1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows World Of Warships

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lilgoth89, 21 Apr 2015.

1. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Glad I got a key through HumbleBundle, even if it is for the North American server.

Loving it so far, much better than Warplanes, and a nice change from Tanks. There's something hugely satisfying about seeing a full broadside firing, :D
    Think I still need to learn a lot, especially in destroyers, think I'm two quick to get stuck in and end up getting hammered.

Also getting that artefacting with SLI.

2. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Yeah it needs sorting. I also can't disable it through the usual "Manage 3D settings" program profiles as I get a "NVIDIA Control Panel Application, 8.1.820.0 has stopped working" crash when I try to add the game.

So it basically means manually disabling SLi each time I want to play. :wallbash:

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I just leave it on and try to ignore the jaggys, :D, seems to be mainly okay during a battle, only really a problem in port.

4. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Indeed, although I did have one battle where it was almost unplayable. But 99/100 are fine.

I'm wondering if it is solved in the 0.4.0 public version so might have to try that out when the server comes back online.

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

The Amagi - without a doubt my favorite battleship so far. Great mobile firepower and nasty secondary batteries made all the more dangerous with crew skills and upgrades. Technically it's a battle-cruiser but that's splitting hairs.

Given that the Jap battleships tend to be faster, have more secondary armaments and longer range guns when compared to their yank counterparts, who tend to get better much better AA, shorter turning circles and more main gun barrels at similar tiers, I wonder if the Royal Navy ships will be somewhere in between?

We are very close to full open beta now - reset in-coming.

6. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

When the open beta starts, I'm guessing the closed beta will shutdown? At least I'll be able to move onto the EU server though, although pings were never that bad.

*EDIT*

Ignore that first bit, :D, of course it will.

7. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Yeah I reckon so, at the moment, the public open test is a separate client, presumably load testing related and more.
    The last update I read on the warships launcher implied changes in the v0.4 public open test would make their way into Open Beta and that closed beta will end at the same time, unifying it down to 1 client.

Looking forward to the additional variety in the consumables changes but really hoping they make some changes to Torpedoes, the SPAM is just too much at the moment.
    Personally I hope they make a certain percentage duds, also add a minimum arming distance (a bigger issue for manual drop plane torpedo) and add a number of 'charges for them, instead of unlimited supply.
    That would force carriers pilot and DD players to be way more selective of their targets and might go some way to stop the spam.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Tops are an absolute pain planes seem to able to drop a full spread less than 1km from you and capains of ships with them still don't look when the launch or just launch from stupid ranges. The counter for smoke should spice things up though.
    Decided I'm going to focus in the US cruisers initially loved plating them so far even though I did annihilate an iowa and other big ships last night in my farrugat haha

9. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Patch 0.4.0 is now available to the CBT client - it's 2.8 gig. I also got a message to say the light fleet pack has been re-invoiced to my account, so I assume the account resets have also occurred and we are now in OBT?

10. Risky

Risky Modder

I think OBT is near if not already open. Please do join in if you are not in CBT already as it is a great game.

Interestingly it is highly enjoyable even at the very lowest tiers.

11. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Still can't log in on mine. Downloaded the big patch yesterday, but when trying to log in it says server unavailable.

That's for the CBT NA server (only one available in the list).

Looks like it'll probably be down till 7pm tonight.

12. Risky

Risky Modder

I'm definitely going to be playing a fair bit but haven't got a great interest in grinding up the tiers in any particular hurry.

13. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I enjoy the actual combat, so don't feel the need to just grind my way to the top for the sake of progress. I hope this stays a big part of the game and it does not become only about the grind like WoT turned into.

14. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Word on the line is that Open Beta is in 3 days, but all those that had acsess to the Closed Beta can still play. This is to let us get a head start on those that will join when it goes into Open Beta

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Had a quick login to warships. Account reset, cbt Arkansas provided and has 6 upgrade slots! Also get 2 commanders given with 5 skill points each in the noob starter ships. Gold refunded. Forgot to check premium time.
    Also to level 6 by default, which means about 2.3 mill credits and 3k free xp. ship packages refunded. Forgot to check premium time. Not sure on status of ships like warspite, presumably a 6500 gold refund to purchasers?
    Not a bad starting point.

16. Risky

Risky Modder

I just wish they would bring in ACT for the commanders.

Anyway played 3 games to elite the Tier 1s and seems to be running ok.

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Well the SLI glitching is still there. Seemed worse once it started just now, made the whole game start to lag.

18. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Unfortunately yes it is. I've started turning off SLi off using the global profile under 3D Settings. Seems quicker to do than manually disabling it via the SLi menu and you don't need to close programs to get it to apply. Just a shame it hasn't been fixed and you can't add a profile for the game.

19. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Anyone else tried the tier 8 IJN premium Cruiser Atago?

I actually prefer the rapid fire 152m guns on the non premium tier 8 IJN Mogami, however the Mogami had very limited torpedo arch, so works better as a fire support cruiser. The bigger 200m guns on the Atago work nicely, as you can be 'forward' aggressive with its mix of bigger health pool, bigger guns and forward fire-arc torpedoes.

It's not cheap at 10,700 gold, (about £25) but worth having a mid to high tier premium ship from the get go, especially given the re-balanced costs of all ships now.

20. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Open Beta Starts today folks

Also USS Atlanta and IJN Atago have been temporarily removed from the shop to help 'balance the MM'...