1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows World Of Warships

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lilgoth89, 21 Apr 2015.

1. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Maybe I miss understood the the meaning of the turret upgrade you mentioned but I thought you gained a 15% reduction in 'time' to turn on the turrets but at a cost of an increased 10% time to reload the guns?

Also, that commander perk only decreases the time to turn turrets by 2.5s or guns below 155m, the bigger guns only get a 0.5s bonus.

I find with Battleships of the tier 5/6 variety, trying to keep a 15km range from the enemy works well. Any closure and the cruisers at that tier can spam you with HE and make it real hard for you, death by a thousand cuts as it were.

2. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I thought you got both, probably wrong knowing me! an the commander perk is small but it all adds up. And I agree with the cruisers unless the ydecide to try an charge you down you cn usually broadside them with AP and make them run of (usually scattering torps towards you). Im only using it as a credit farmer to be honest but what ever makes it more bareable is a plus.

3. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

It's poorly worded in the module description, I had to trawl the turgid wg warships forums to find it.

I wondered about shooting cruisers when your in a bb if he or ap is actually more effective, given the massive calibre of bb guns. Anyone got a definitive answer?

4. legoman

I tried it last night on some hapless phoneix's Both do a decent amount of damage HE seems to make more fire AP took out more modules. In theory HE would be better as an AP round could go through and exit with minimal damage where as a HE shell explode either inside or on the ship. Either way their in for a bad day when you hit them.

5. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

C'mon fella's Hop onto the Bit-Tech Teamspeak for some platoons

it seems its just Me and Cei that are ever on :/

6. legoman

man cannot eat and play at the same time. i need more radiation exposure to do that, be on shortly

7. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Another great game in the Omaha. My fourth kill was stolen from me by some bloody battleship though after I did 95% of the damage to the enemy carrier.

Even with the B Hull the Omaha is pretty decent at anti-air, got 7 aircraft kills when the carrier was trying to sink me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't wait to get the 'old Clever back.

8. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

I'll pop on randomly and see who is about when i'm free.

That is a nice score!
    Currently working towards the Omaha via a fully upgraded Phoenix.

9. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

I'd love to go on but I've only just downloaded the game, so currently getting used to the quirks and bumbling around tier 1 at the moment. Got an exam in a week so I'll have to down keyboard to study and fall further behind the wave.

10. legoman

Unlocked hull C on the Omaha last night, not using it. OK you get more AA and a bit more HP but Hull B has twice the number of torps and the same number of guns.

11. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

A lot of the hull upgrades are alternatives, rather than outright upgrades, especially where cruisers are concerned.

Some gun upgrades follow a similar path, the Tier 8 IJN Mogami for example gets access to high re-fire rate, more barrels but lower caliber 155m guns, with a slower turret traverse or bigger calibre 203m guns, with less refire rate, less barrels but more damage and raster turret traverse.

12. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Yup, that is how I'm looking at them now. Obviously you have to unlock certain things to progress, but you can often save a decent amount of credits by avoiding "upgrades" you'll never use. Like the C hull on the Omaha.

Had a couple more decent games (along with the average and awful games which goes without saying), obviously the results are with premium and 1.5x, although you can see the base results were pretty solid.

Very glad to have the Cleveland back, although it is still very OP. Our carrier skipper was one of the best I've seen, nice to use the compliment option rather than the reports for once!

Eye candy, even if it needs some TAA (which I can't force as the nVidia Control Panel keeps crashing when adding the game to the Manage 3D Settings page):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first ram kill as well in the Myogi and the best game I've ever had in it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still got a way to go for the Kongo though. :eyebrow:

13. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

I just won a Tirpitz from QB's GamesCon stream :)

Wondering how is the ship? I am noob in WoWs

14. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Congrats!

Didn't even know it was in the game... so can't help you there! lol :)

15. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

you lucky son of a B----

i wish i could trade you my Type 59 off WOT as i ahvent played in a couple of months and not really sure i intend to again

fraid nobody can really say how the ship handles as the public cant get hold of it yet

16. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Wow nice!

17. obaidbd

obaidbd Minimodder

Thanks all :)

I wish if that trade possible :D

I don't know how they will give me the ship, probably directly into my account, but if they give me any code I might sell it…. Or may be keep it, don’t know at this point really…… I don’t think I will actively playing WoWs soon or later

18. legoman

Git! No one knows yet, you can test it for us haha.

Still trudging along with my teir 5's faniced trying the jap cruiser line which is fine till tier 5 and your get the slow loading and turning 203's. Turned my attention to the jap destroyers. so much more fun playing peekaboo behind islands and herding ships with torps.

Seeing alot more pink platoons though of late had a pair of pink omahas who managed to sink four of us including me before being sunk. That and people who dont get launching torps from miles back in the path of a friendly is a bad idea. Can see this really being bad when the game goes full release.

19. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

ahh the Furutaka, worst of all the IJN cruisers. Those 203's do pack a punch IF you can hit Citadels and are even good for clobbering lowish teir battleships if your not their primary focus. However, the Furutaka, despite its 35 knots speed just can't keep out of trouble, out ROF'd by most ships including some Battleships, made of Citadel Zones and with the turning circle and length of a cruise ship, she is a hard ride.

It is worth the pain though, as the IJN Cruiser line is really nice both before & after the Furutaka. I am sitting at the Aoba currently but in CBT had the joy of the Mogami when it was a tier 8 and the Myoko before her, which is a definite mix between an Aoba at tier 6 and a Mogami.

Unlike most of the USA Cruisers, who spam high re-fire rate HE sells, you really need to use the AP rounds in the IJN cruisers, unless your doing no damage to your target.
    You need to pick your engagements a little more carefully in the Aoba, compared to say the Cleveland. Also with Torpedo on nearly every IJN cruiser, if your lucky and play your cards right, you can use your speed to shotgun battleships that get to get too close.

20. legoman

Yeah had to start treating it like a pocket battleship popping off from range trying not to get involved to much in the early stages and hunting lone ships as the game goes on. I dont often use the torps because of that but occasionally get a destroyer pop up close enough.
    I know what you mean on the AP its much much better using plunging ranged shots to get the citadel hits an switching to HE once I start hitting the belt armour. Im goign to soldier on with the thing though its just a shame its such a lemon and im probably spoilt by the Omaha's reload and turning.