1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worlds first Internet-addict hospital

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Spiral Architect, 16 Aug 2005.

1. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

I laughed so hard snot poured out of my nose - it really did. You've made me get out of my chair and get a tissue :waah:

As for giving up the computer/internet... as some have mentioned I'd lose my job too. Since I met my (now) fiance, I've rarely played any computer games, and my internet pron time has drastically reduced (not much need with a real woman :thumb: ). But giving the internet up for good would be hard - it's a great time sink for when you're bored...

2. XUntitled

XUntitled What's a Dremel?

No. I couldn't give up using the computer. With or Without internet. Home doesn't feel like home unless I hear the PC fans going, or the soft humming of the water cooling pump pumping.

Back in the last week of august 2003 to the first week in October I was PC'less. I kicked my Everquest addiction (the first time) while I was getting a new motherboard (had to send it in the get the replacement). I'd go on the internet at school as much as possible... cut classes to go the computer labs or library to get on line. I'd sleep at least 12 hours every day, usually closer to 14-16. When I wasn't sleeping I was watching TV.

If I didn't have the internet I'd probably go broke from having to buy all my movies and games. And if I flat out couldn't use a computer again I would honestly probably commit suicide from boredom.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2005
  3. silentriver

silentriver What's a Dremel?

i always feel im missing something if i havent logged on at somepoint. I would say im addicted, only way i would stop/cut back is if i won the lottery ro possibly had kids.

i'd either be spending money (woops some might be online) or cleaning up.....

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I wouldn't want to, but I could if something immensely important happened which meant I had to. I love BiT/online gaming/general surfing far too much to give it up without serious need.

5. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I can't see myself ever being able to give it up, with or without internet.
    The longest I have spent without any computer recently was last year and that was only for a couple of weeks, but they were the longest most boring weeks I can remember.

-H- can confirm this, at least he had a Custom PC magazine!

6. Who_me_33

Who_me_33 What's a Dremel?

I could happily give up my computer, for rec purposes (for obvious reasons I couldnt stop using it at course, I think Id start failing quite quickly). But I used to think life would not continue without it, but not the only thing I realy use my computer for now is study, and emails / msn / keeping in contact with family.

7. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Isn't that Lorquis's job? :hehe: He still around?

8. csTYCOON

csTYCOON What's a Dremel?

I dont have withdrall, its odd that I dont considering I spend 2-8 hours a day on my pc. I have gone months without tho.

9. dfhaii

dfhaii internets

I didnt have a net connection for ~3 months earlier this year and its no problem, just spend alot more time with friends out on the lash. I don't think I could stop using computers though what with being on a computer science degree.

10. Idioteque

Idioteque Telephasic Mongoose

I could only stop using the internet if i managed to get a long term gf, or a warehouse full of vodka.

edit: make that 2 warehouses.

11. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

Hi everyone,... my name is charles and,... I'm an addict.

12. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Well true, but again it was asked if you can live without it as if it's chocolate or smoking.. It's like someone being treated for addiction to sex lines then asking us all if we'd give up our telephones?

No, I couldn't give up Internet access, it's too important to me; but I could give up say.. gaming, or forums.

13. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

I couldn't give up the internet or gaming or forums,... I could give up ctrl+alt+del.

14. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

OH man, I went with internet for 3 days! It was hell! I had nothing to do, just play GTA over and over again. :( It sucks when your trapped in a small town, not in school yet (first day just today) and no internet! But a tech came over and replaced our modem, so I got my internet back. :D