1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News World's first Kil'jaeden kill

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 28 May 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

why was the one girl bit crossed out?!

3. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

Because there are no girls on the intarweb, clearly :D.

Anyway you heard it here folks! The game is now over, you may all return to the loving embraces of your families, friends and significant others, I'm sure they've all been missing you terribly!

4. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

I'm pleasuring myself right now just thinking about this awesome news, thank you for the heads up Joe :D

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

2nd to last para 'one feral druid' - needs an e.

6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

So does this mean they can all get back to their lost social life's then, is it finally over? Its about time!

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

/me goes back to the pub

8. Akava

Akava Lurking...

Used to play WoW so i can see its a big achievement... but jesus... 3 days? have those guys not got jobs!?

9. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

really though, how many hours of gameplay go into that before you can either challenge the final boss? i've never got into it myself, as i drain enough of my earth hours of tf2

10. naokaji

naokaji whatever

wow is their job...

just like in every other mmorpg the raiding elite is also the elite if it comes to other aspects of the game, including acquiring in game coin, now what would they spend that coin on if they get all fancy loot "for free", they have the choice to stockpile it or sell it for rl money to the noobs...
    now what sane human would choose the first option?

11. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

this guy

oh snap... you said sane :eek:

12. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

Never knew WoW was front page news.. But perhaps I'm being bitter for not ever getting into the WoW phase!

13. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

Every time I hear about WoW raiding parties etc all I can think of is "Leeeerroooooooyyy Jeeeeennnkkiiiiiins!" :D

14. rollo

rollo Modder

played wow for 3 years, as the so called hardcore elite.

I get 35 days holiday a year. Plan the world first kills out and people just take off Wednesday Thursday Friday for the kill. Id think 90% of sk actually does have a job. I know most of my guild does.

Hardcore isnt very hardcore when you only raid 2 days a week for total clearance of everything anyway. (mh bt is doable in 5hrs both zones ) sunwell a day. Hardwork ? hardcore? i think not

your story is outta date btw

KJ World First Kills
    #1 - SK-Gaming (May 25th)
    #2 - Method (May 26th)
    #3 - Nihilum (May 26th)

US First Kills
    #1 - Deus Vox (May 27th)

15. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

Well I play on a private server. All the bosses are much easier because they are only partially scripted. But they have not implemented Sunwell yet so I have not played this guy. No doubt people will be beating him they day they put him in though.

One day they will get it close to retail difficulty though. At least it doesn't take me 3 months to get to lvl70 like it would on retail. I really don't understand how millions of people have to time to play WoW like they do.

16. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

Didn't they get the Sword of a Thousand Truths ? (South park reference for you guys ...)

17. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

There are several minor mistakes in this news post I'm afraid.

Nihilum had the world first on C'thun yes, but not every boss after that. They did kill the Kel'thuzad (Naxxramas end boss) as world first, but nothing in between.

With the release of The Burning Crusade, there were several other guilds who have got world first kills: 7 world first kills were done by the now disbanded Death & Taxes, most on T5 content which is why some don't give them as much value, but in truth at the time this was more difficult than what Black Temple and Mt.Hyjal offered afterwards. There's also two by Curse (now known as SK-Gaming) and one by Afterlife.

Nihilum did manage to get all the world first kills in Black Temple, where the former, before Sunwell, end-game boss Illidan is. With the Sunwell released (patch 2.4), Nihilum has only had one world first, which was the 4th boss, Eredar Twins. Though they claim they were only aiming for world firsts on the last two bosses in Sunwell just prior to it's release, due to the way Blizzard allowed the encounters to be tested on their patch test realms.

Another thing worth mentioning is that even though Sunwell was released long ago, the instance structure was such that it was not possible to gain access to Kil'Jaeden until very recently and in my opinion the news post fails to explain this.

Sorry to be nitpicking freak, but I don't like seeing wrong info on bit-tech =]

18. z3rb

z3rb +4 str +4 stam

Ha!

19. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Ragnaros still looks cooler than Kil'jaeden.

20. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

Game finished. Welcome to nightmare mode.

Tags: Add Tags