1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst computer experience

Discussion in 'General' started by OminousDoom, 12 Jan 2003.

1. Deymos

Deymos What's a Dremel?

Like many of us, i've had problems with computer many times...

The most recent it's been a week ago, when i tried to install Mandrake on my #two. Maybe the disc was corrupted, anyway it didn't be able to install the OS. So I decided to go back to Win98...
    Well, dunno what Mandrake did, but it locked half of the harddrive so i wasn't able to create partitions...
    So I try to low-level format the harddrive, just to discover that Samsung doesn't provide low-level format utilities...:waah:

Fortunately, this morning I found a lil' program that resets the harddrive and makes it look like it's newly produced...

It's still formatting.....

2. Crash&Burned

Crash&Burned What's a Dremel?

I have a habit of crashing computers in a similiar vein as Acron^ curse on suppliers. They don't let me use the ones in the library or cyber cafes anymore. Nothing ever gets damaged thank goodness until now...

Last w/e I powered up and smoked my PSU last w/e. Literally. Panicked as I realized the extinguisher was in the car, not the kitchen. Mobo fried but hard drive undamaged~ Yay!

3. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Years ago, on my old windows computers, the re-installing was a natural thing. I then learned about seperate boot-partitions aswell (so you can install several different Operating Systems on the same computer and choose while booting).

I also learned about the so called 'Image'. You can make a copy of your whole Operating System, with all your favorite software installed. When somethig goes wrong, you just put the 'image' back.

Backup is one of the most important things to do with your computer. I use external hard drives for that. Everything I download that is of some importance I put on backup on the external hard drive. And then just periodically take an image of your computer and back up important data, never wait too long.

But yeah, I've been to alot of data-loss pain aswell. But I've been working with a mac for over a year now and only had one small panic attack in that time (it was this week), lucky enough It was fixable and I didn't loose any of my files.

L

4. Strategy

Strategy Banned

Worst computer experience? Logging in to read this thread.

5. daguuy

daguuy I hate lolcats

worst computer experience i had was when my worms armageddon computer and monitor died. that game only works on the older computers i try it on and the monitor i used for that game was a huge 27" monitor that i used to play worms with 5-6 people at a time. it really sucked when it died because even though i have another old computer to play it on, i don't have a replacement 27" or bigger cheap monitor so now i can't easily play it with 5-6 people.

6. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

I had to reinstall windows 7 times in a day.. that kinda sucked ^^

7. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

My computer failed to start unless you restart it time and time again, it always froze on bootup with a 1/10 of starting. Sometimes i get lucky and it boots up, sometimes it takes constant restarting to getting it working.
    I tried reformatting it numerous times but nothing, in the end i took my pc apart and got fedup with it. Its now gathering dust in my room on the desk.

When i get my new pc built ima take a nice hammer and totally destroy the living crap out the old one, after iv got all the useful parts out of course. There wont be much left though to destroy but that wont stop me.

8. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

Hehe.. my mate did that with his crappy compaq that he hated. He gave me his gpu (Just the gpu, rest of the 9800 was broken :p) and the surviving heatsinks/fans ^^

9. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

My sig is directly related to how frustrating this computer is, i cant wait to smash it to pieces. :wallbash: :hehe:

10. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

guys this therad 3years old!

Worst experience, my very old system went down (was a P2 400MMX - top of the range back then). It took over 3hrs to install windows 98SE and it still didnt work properly, dont know what was wrong with it, think it was a buggered HDD in the end.

Got to say to Crashed&Burned welcome to the forums, and please dont post on threads that are 3 years old, or we might come over and pull the plug on your PC, take whats good and leave you with the rest and then smash it up in to a million little peices. :p hehehe olny joking, welcome

Regards
    GiGo

11. Highland3r

Highland3r Minimodder

How did you find this thread... Surely you didnt trawl through 3 years of bit to get to it!

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Looks like he searched for it, seenas the annoying "related threads" bar doesn't exist anymore... :\

13. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

i had the worst computer experiece....

when i was small my parents wouldn't trust me with nice,big shiny computers

so they decide to give me a rubbish one

the computer i got was the fattest computer in the world

let me give you the specs

monitor :40 by 35 by 35 ............CENTIMETRES!!!!

this computer ran on windows ME!!

and i believe a 64MB graphics card

with like 256MB RAM

10GB of memory

the bad experience is just using the damned thing

i swear to the sky im not lying

(to the sky - a way of not blaspheming)

now....can any of you beat that?

dont worry...im not deprived any more....i have one of the best computers now...get in

Last edited: 1 May 2006
  14. Callum

Callum What's a Dremel?

I have 256 MB... and NO graphics card...

Your pain must be awful... Though I seem to be coping...

And have done ever since I first had a computer in my house!

15. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

OMG...NO GRAPHICS CARD...WOW!!

you're a soldier....to cope with no graphics card...i admire you ...lol

callum...i advise you to get a new computer..lol

i really think that you should at least have decent specs

you can get really good computers now at great prices...althoguh depends if your a heavy gamer like me

any way, that was the thing

when i was little i was amazed witht he computer...i thoguht i had the best one

only when i was exposed to rich posh boys didi realize ma parents had tricked me

but then you see.....i was rewarded with an nice fancy computer, on which i could play on

16. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

a true soldier indeed. *salutes you*

I snapped with my computer, i dont know how you get through the days.

17. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

HEY! Some of us like ME!!! Ok, well, really it's just me that likes it, but still...

I use XP only because I haven't found the patience to figure out linux. :duh:

18. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

im a noob so somebody tell me wot linux is?

also some advice to solidus.....take deep breaths......breathe in..........and release

lol...good luck on your ultimate comp btw

cthippo do you seriously like ME

i cant stand it

19. Callum

Callum What's a Dremel?

RaGzY, Solidus... don't worry... Just a matter of two weeks now! And then I can go and order my baby! Just two little weeks... That just happen to be full of my final exams... :D

20. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

YESSSSS!!!

make sure you get a phat ass baby

final exams....im guessing thats like the a-levels of malaysia