1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Worst housemate ever!

Discussion in 'General' started by Awoken, 19 Jul 2012.

1. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

I have the worst housemate ever! He eats our food, gets us to make him sandwiches and drinks, wees, poops and pukes expecting us to clean it up. Throws his food about, won't let anyone change the TV channel, leaves his stuff everywhere and expects us to clean it up and worst of all...sits around all day, never tries to get a job and contributes nothing to rent, upkeep or bills.

Babies are like the bad indie band friend who comes to crash on your couch for a night and doesn't leave for EIGHTEEN YEARS!

Minor 'new dad' freakout.

Shirty and TheCherub like this.
  2. Kovoet

Kovoet New Member

How has he lasted that long. He would be out mine within a day

3. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Lol. It gets better honest. OK that is a lie, I'm 4 years into a life sentence and 2 years into another simultaneous sentence.

That said I think my kids are amazing and the above was a joke. However whilst one set of problems disappears another arrives, it is an ongoing battle and one that you will never win. But at the same time it is the most enjoyable and rewarding thing I think I will ever do.

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

[​IMG]
    I've been there... it's tough to kick a friend out on their @ss, but there is only so much someone can take.

5. Marvin-HHGTTG

Marvin-HHGTTG CTRL + SHIFT + ESC

Not sure if jesting has been used in the replies, but the OP means that their son/daughter of a very young age is a bit of a handful... :D

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

How old is your kid mate?

Our son just turned 9 months at the start of this week and he's great, but teething at the moment so very unsettled (hence why both myself and my wife are up at 4am...)

However, as dancingbear says, it's the most rewarding thing you'll ever do. :thumb:

7. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Trust me - it gets better. As they get older they get more and more interactive, and everything just becomes fun. Just hang on for a couple years - once you get past potty training you're good to go (pun intended).

My biggest advice: whatever game your child comes up with, no matter how inane the rules may seem, just roll with it. It's fun.

:)

8. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I love that a couple of you didn't realise this was his kid!!

Mate I bet you get that new father glow as soon as you show anyone a picture of him/her...you all do it!

9. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg New Member

Man the demographic of this place is getting old, mine is a little over 18 months now.

Are we actually raising the next wave of bit users...

LennyRhys likes this.
  10. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I have a four year old girl and ten month old boy. He spends all day making this voice straining groan and she has hysterical tantrums about the most minor of things. It's great.

LennyRhys likes this.
  11. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

I'm really tired and I totally misread that... thought it said "four month old girl and ten month old boy." First question on my mind was how many partners do you have, or did you meet your wife in Area 51?" LOL

12. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

Now that brightened up my day. Currently play octonaut games with my 3yr old...... not sure what we are doing, but its all good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

13. Shirty

Shirty Time travelling rogue Super Moderator

Aaah, a daddy thread.

I love my daughter so much, she never ceases to amaze me. She's a shade over 13 months old, on the cusp of walking, can say her basic words like mummy, daddy etc and has 3.5 teeth :D

The new dad feeling is never stronger than when you're out and about with them in the supermarket or similar, and people stop to coo. Just fantastic, I'd recommend parenthood to anyone able to provide a stable home. I just need to win the lottery now so I can give up work until she's school age to spend as much time with her (and her planned sibling)!

Caveat: it's really not fun when they're ill, eating nasty things off the floor or in the case of Grace, being dressed. But the negatives are so overwhelmingly outweighed by the positives.

Pookeyhead likes this.
  14. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

My daughter is 9 1/2 months now. She's at that point where she's cruising with a lot (too much) confidence, so occasionally falters.

I love the fact that last week she learned to give kisses on demand, and this week has been giving them of her own volition.

One thing that is handy now though - when she wants milk, she'll tell us "bot-bot" and we'll have to go and get it for her!

15. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

But you can raise them as your minions, you can influence them and turn them into evil masterminds (Or just get them interested in your hobbies, then, eventually, watch them beat you at it ;D)

Or mess with them and say Cows go Meow, Cats woof and Dogs Quack :p

16. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg New Member

I intend to raise mine to be able to cut straight with a hand saw so I don't have to spend hours squaring my cuts. There is an extensive list of things my apprentice must be able to perform by the age of 5 or he'll have to start paying his own way...

17. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Just make sure he is raised according to the book of Relix and all should be well :D

18. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Been there got one of each both in their late 30's now lot's of drugs helped a lot :lol:

19. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

It was a slightly provocative post with the intention of eliciting a wry smile and a few replies from Bit-tech dads (we're all getting on a bit!).
    It's lovely reading through some of the replies. Our wee laddy is 13 months now:
    Limited talking (mostly chuntering to himself), standing whilst holding on, climbing me (6' 5") to reach lights when I pick him up, tantrums about anything which pisses him off even slightly but I have developed dozens of distraction techniques, eating finger food and generally being everywhere all at once.
    I love being a dad and it has added to my enjoyment of life as well as giving me a good excuse to play meaningless games again just for the fun of it all.
    There are difficult times and it has been a struggle to cope but I wouldn't swap it because my life would feel a little emptier and flat without him.

20. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

My dad did this to me, only it was 'nanny go moo moo', and not knowing any better, said it... aloud. Not a happy nanny later:blush: Whoops

Sam