1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Worst housemate ever!

Discussion in 'General' started by Awoken, 19 Jul 2012.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Music Enthusiast

Speaking from a uncles point of view i can only respect what parents have to put up with

I have three nieces 3, almost 3 and 6 months and when they start back chatting you and telling you off at 3 for speaking it gets a bit much

Although the 6 month old is amazing to be around, a piece of string is enough to entertain her for hours, that piece of string technically being my headphone cable would be bad enough let alone her dad pushing her in a pushchair while she is doing it and the headphones still being attached to me :D

as said though got alot of respect for new parents luckily i get most of the good stuff except the tired grumpyness

2. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

My daughter is 17 months old, been walking since 12 months, has most of her teeth (14 or 16 - it's hard to count them all properly) says mummy/daddy/nana/nanny/dog/cuddle/bubbles/no/yeah/silly/cheeky/noo noo (dog is called newton but noo noo for short)/sit/shhhh/please/thankyou and about a hundred other words and just this week has gone into full mimic mode so now being ultra careful about what we say!!

I will of course wet myself laughing if she says F**k or S**t! Then *may* try to tell her not to say those things while trying not to laugh again.

Best thing i've evar done or am ever likely to do - so rewarding to watch them grow and change almost by the second at this age, just hope we don't completely screw her up and make her into a freakazoid :eyebrow:

3. true_gamer

true_gamer Well-Known Member

My 3yr 7month old girl is great! Since the age of 2, she's been playing angry birds on my phone. She now knows how to unlock the iPhone, open up her games, take pictures, flick though photos etc. She surprises me every week I get home to see her. The things she already knows and can do, puts her 5yr cousin to shame.:)

Since a couple of weeks ago when I told her I bought a her a tall bed with a ladder, she has been on to everyone about 'daddy has bought me a ladder bed, and when is it coming.' :)
    So a the week before last, her bed turned up (High sleeper with Tallboy and Chest of draws) So we cleared out my old PC room, and gave it a lick of paint. Built her bed, and got some big Minnie Mouse Stickers to stick on the wardrobe. By this time it was 5pm and we had finished her room. We called her up, and the smile on her face was just priceless! :D She got straight in to her new bed with her blankie, and switched off, as if someone pulled the plug! Since then she has loved her new bed and goes to sleep as soon as she gets in it! Total Win! :D

So it's these special moments you will chairess for the rest of you're life! :D

Last edited: 21 Jul 2012
  4. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

I've a 5yo girl, isabelle. Its been hard work, couldn't afford to buy a house so we spend the first 3.5 years living at her parents house so it was extra hard work lol.

Unfortunatly her mum has decided recently we have grown apart and broken up the relationship so now more then ever the time I do get to see my daughter is most important. Going from tucking her into bed everynight for 5.5 years to seeing her twice a week is horrible. At the moment I get to have her 2 nights a week but hopefully we can arrange to be a bit more flexible down the line.

She's now very much her own personality and a little madam at that!

5. true_gamer

true_gamer Well-Known Member

Such a shame to hear that. :(

Mine is a madam at times, and usually tells me off 'No Daddy! Lol :D

The best one is when she is watching TV and I turn the channel over. She runs straight out to Mummy, and saids 'Look, Daddys turn the TV over' Then she comes storming back in and says 'No Daddy! (With her hands on her hips) Lol :)

6. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

If the negotiations go bad, gimme a PM and I'll get my wife to give you some advice via return PM - she's a senior associate in family law at a large firm in the south west.

That said - hope all goes well and that sort of advice is never needed, kids need fathers and good examples of male role models in their lives.

7. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

@dynamis_dk: I'm really sorry to hear that, it has happened to a few of my friends that way and is so hard on fathers who love their kids. If you need to talk/rant just drop me a PM.

@true_gamer: I'm really looking forward to designing his first bedroom. The cot is great at the moment but Bunks/Tall Beds are awesome when they get older.

8. marcamp3463

marcamp3463 New Member

I can't imagine he's living in that kind of pathetic life that he has now. Throw him back to his mom. You may call the police for invasion of privacy. He doesn't belong there. He doesn't even contribute a thing so he has no right to act like that at all.

9. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

@marcamp3463: I'm not sure I understand? Try re-reading the original post :)

10. Shirty

Shirty Time travelling rogue Super Moderator

The Internet. Where things get taken seriously and people dont read entire posts/threads before typing their response. Lol, I hope nobody ever actually turns their infant child into the cops for being a burden!

My first ever use of: :read:

11. David

David Take my advice — I’m not using it.

It's great when you're their hero. I have two boys 11 and almost 7.

My eleven year old still looks at me slack jawed and wide eyed if I tell him I don't know the answer to some obscure thing he's just asked.

It's like "OMG, dad doesn't know something - but dad knows EVERYTHING!".

No doubt in a few years I'll just be dumb a-hole who doesn't know anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

sounds like my nephew .. he is 27

13. Showerhead

Showerhead New Member

How'd your kid manage to take charge of the tv remote? I never managed that.

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Well-Known Member

week 3 school holdiays and so far had a huge arguement with both my sons (15 and 13) - apparntly im wrong that they should get off their asses and go out..... my step daughter is winding up her bother (13) so they have fights and alex aged 4 is trying to do everything they do.... ` nauuuuh im not doing it` is her current favourite thing to say

15. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

4AM!? Lucky you,I got up at Midnight a few days ago as my daughter decided that was the time she wanted to be up lol (She's just over a year old so it may or may not have been a conscious decision :hehe:)

16. Shirty

Grace has about one night a week where she decides at anywhere between 23:30 and 01:30 that it's time to get up and play.

I can't argue too much though, because the other nights she sleeps solidly from 19:30 to 08:00.

Sleep is overrated though :D

17. Bob Berkowitz

Bob Berkowitz New Member

I had only one bad housemate, he has been the most boring and pointless but this was many years ago. I forgot everything about it.

18. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

This thread continues to surprise me with the fact people do not read opening posts properly...

On another note, congrats to all the bit-parents now get those kids modding or building PCs ASAP I do not know if I can deal with another generation of technophobic people... haha

19. Shirty

It's like a social experiment!

I fully plan to give my daughter a liberal dose of PC enthusiasm, but I might wait until after the point where everything she touches either breaks or gets covered in jam/butter/stuff ;)

20. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

Haha, my 5 year old sister has now claimed the iPad and AppleTV. If she wants to watch a movies she just starts it on the iPad and fires it over to the TV to watch there... (my mum struggles...)

Thinking about making her a case for a raspberrypi with a touch screen, will see what happens.