1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling would appriciate some help and feedback on water cooling parts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by walle, 23 Jul 2006.

1. walle

walle Minimodder

Hello gents,

I have finally decided to replace my current air cooling system with a water cooling system. I am no hard core over clocker so the primary goal (wish) is to obtain as a silent system as possible. Listed below are the parts I have looked at…

Cpu block: Asetek Danger Den SKU: MAZE4A64

Gpu block: Asetek Danger Den – Tyee

Radiator: Asetek WaterChill Black Ice Xtreme II (including 2x 120 mm Nexus Real silent fans)

Pump: Asetek WaterChill Xtreme 12V

It would be cooling an AMD Athlon 64 4000+ and a Sapphire Radeon X1800XT

I initially wanted to cool the Nforce chip as well since it is getting a wee bit to hot for my liking, but there are no mounting holes since the chip gets cooled thru heat pipe technology. (Asus A8N-SLI Premium) and it looks like if the graphic card might be in the way as well.

I would really like and appreciate if you chaps could give me some feedback and additional views on the parts that I have looked at. I want your most honest opinions and suggestions. Should my “choise” be way up in the blue then do not hesitate to say so.

Thank you in advance !

Cheers,

Eric

2. adidas4275

adidas4275 What's a Dremel?

cpu block. I like the DDD TDX, aquacomputer XT, or the Swiftect apogee. cant go wrong with any of these. Reviews have shown that they are all good. pumps I would look into the DD D5 or the lang DCC-plus or ultra. They are both really good pumps under $100.

Just my 2 cents

3. walle

walle Minimodder

Hello adidas,

Thank you for your input. I value first hand experience and respect the fact that you included not one product, but many. I liked that unbiased approach of yours, much appreciated. It makes it easier for me when looking at components as well. To be honest, I think that that was what I needed in order to take the plunge. Again, thank you very much.

Cheers,

Eric

4. adidas4275

adidas4275 What's a Dremel?

no problem, let me know if you need any other info or help, you can reach me here or at hardforum.com same name......

AIM adidas4275

hope you have as much fun as I have with h20

Tags: