1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Would I notice the difference?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kronos, 30 Jan 2011.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I currently have the Dell U2410 monitor and would like to add a couple more 24" monitors. Much as I would love to be able to buy another couple of U2410, the expense would be far to great.

As the Dell is 1900x1200 resolution would I notice any difference with 2 monitors at 1900x1200 resolution which would sit either side of the Dell?

My PC is mainly used for FPS's. I am assuming that I would need to set the Dell to the corresponding resolution whilst gaming if I am able to use the extra monitors.

Also if I can use the different resolution monitors,any advice on make model would be welcome.Budget, hopefully less than £200 each.

2. Landy_Ed

Landy_Ed Combat Novice

It would be very slight, once you've tweaked them, but out of the box there would most likely be an obvious difference. Even the same model from different manufacturing batches might have some subtle differences.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

If you are planning to get a dual monitor setup, it's always best to get them at the same time, to minimize the chance to minimal that the 2 monitor is from different batch.

Now: why?
    Because LCD manufacture don't always use the same part to ensure a content supply, so that they can meet their demand. For this monitor, what can change is the back light lamp. Your current one can be an GE lamp, while your next one is a different brand. Because of this, despite having the same specs, one can output a different kind of white.. a hint more warm or a hint more cold, depending on their measurement tools, and possible patents which prevent using a mixture or something used in the lamp, to achieve the same light.

Now, to be clear, it won't be a drastic different. You will, most likely, only notice it when you have 2 full screen white screen on each monitor, and look closely. Of course, the upside, is that this monitor has lots of options of adjust it's color under the Custom color profile. So you can adjust one of the monitor to fine tune it, to get the exact same image to the eye, or if you need precision, use a color calibrator.