1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding would it still work?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by rick, 14 Mar 2005.

1. rick

rick What's a Dremel?

i've just got a 120mm fan coz i wasnt too happy with my cpu & case temps and fitting it has sorted out the temp problems but created another one :duh:
    it sounds like my case is trying to suck the room in even tho the fan was pretty quiet b4 i stuck it in the case, i think its got something to do with the air moving thru the rather s**t grill that was on the case so i'm wondering this.
    would the fan still work if i mounted it on the outside of the case and would it cut down on the noise. or would it just do the same thing as it is now?
    i know best thing to do would be to cut the back of the case out and fit a cheap wire fan grill but i dont have the time to take the insides out of the case untill the weekend at the earlyest

2. Mattt

Mattt Minimodder

:search:

there are LOADS of threads out there telling you how to quiten fans/silence your comp.

btw

Crist, you have been here 10 days and have a post count of 55. tryin to get in the for sale section? :hehe: :D

3. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

:hehe:

To answer your question (which is specific enough to warrant, even though there are 50 threads devoted to the same idea)...

Putting the fan on the outside will do little, because the noise is due to the inefficient flow of air as it is compressed through the grill. So, bad grill, loud fan, whether the fan is pushing into the grill or pulling through it. Cut the grill out, though, and you'll quiet things down really quickly.