1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Would someone PLEASE! Help the noob

Discussion in 'Modding' started by rewris, 5 Aug 2004.

1. rewris

rewris New Member

:wallbash: Guys I just got my psone screen and I have no idea how I connect it to my pc.i am going to use component cables from my graphics card, but how do I connect it to the screen? I see that the back has an (av out) and the inside has an av in that plugs right into the system. But how do I get my cables to link to the screen? :wallbash: :wallbash:

2. rankie

rankie New Member

did you read the bit-tech article? if that fails :search:

3. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Take composite cable, plug into TV out, plug into screen, plug power into screen, turn on.

4. rewris

rewris New Member

isnt the composite av out in a Proprietary sony ps jack? how do i change the standard jacks to that composite out? should i look for an adapter to link the composite male jacks (which wold be coming from my pc) to the male composites which would be coming from the sony composite av cable on the screen? i dont know. im confused now (more confused) keep brining the help guys i appreciate it. i need more tho :wallbash:

5. livelife46290

livelife46290 New Member

6. rewris

rewris New Member

The complexity of the instructions in that article is like a swift kick to the exposed nuts. I mean damn. Doing it in VGA is wayyy to complex for me at this point. I may have to buy a psone component output cable and wire an adapter myself, buy some rca females at radioshack or something. Until then, if anyone wants to make that little csync circuit for me I would gladly appreciate it and pay for it, and shipping. Thanks. Still looking for help on it tho. I need someone to break down the method in layman’s terms. I won’t give up on this. I gotta learn somehow :naughty:

7. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

I had a third party screen, it had RCA inputs. Do these have some stupid sony thing?

"PSONE LCD in a PC
    by bEE2643 on 6th July 2004

Meet the PSONE LCD, you have 2 options to wire this LCD, through composite (RCA) which is a significant drop in quality from the second choice, VGA, which is the method of choice for this article."

:eyebrow:

8. rewris

rewris New Member

i wanna do the VGA but its just too advanced for me at this point, so i'll go with that i can manage. my graphics card doesnt support the csync so i will have to make that extra circuit and my knowlege of eletronics and that tech is not that great. i wish someone would make me that little extra circuit or show me how to in layman's terms. cause i cant read diagrams and schematics like that. i should get ta reading on this stuff too.