1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows WoW Classic

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nimbu, 23 Jul 2019.

1. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Just played a couple hours of the Classic tonight for the final stress test. Felt just like it did all those years ago :) and thats a good thing.

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I did on Monday too. Felt absolutely amazing! Had the same sense of scale and the mobs were as daunting as they used to be. Taking two on, no problem but three required a bit of careful consideration.

Cannot wait for the end of the month now.

3. Jeff Hine

Jeff Hine Nothing special

Def. a case of, "YOU pull it, YOU kill it... before it kills you!"

4. nimbu

nimbu Well-Known Member

Ahh the find memories of killing boars and skinning for scraps!

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

My next question is which profs are going to be the money spinners? If it's like it was back in the day, enchanting is going to be huge and possibly smithing or skinning. Mining didn't really make any money until they introduced jewelcrafting. Likewise, leatherworking was only really of relevance to rogues and druids so limited customer base.

6. nimbu

nimbu Well-Known Member

So the general consensus has been to take skinning to vendor the leathers as a passive income to support getting your mount.

Enchanting works if you are going to be a caster as you will want to get your wand quick, but you will also need to supply greens to DE for the mats.

Mining is about stockpiling, hardcore folks want to mix max, so engineering is one of the end game professions to do that, need metal bars for that!

Personally I have two characters planned for now.

Shaman, who will be LW / Skin, mainly for the income and the ability to craft my own gear.
    Priest, Tailoring / Enchanting. One for gear later and more importantly bags! and Ench for the wands as I level.

Sentinel-R1 likes this.
  7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Started in 2005. I'm 34 now with own company and commitments and **** I want to get on with. I think anyone in my position is going to burn out pretty quick. They'll realise how difficult it was and how much of a grind it took to level and craft and they'll see everyone who has the time to no-life it and have all their gear and be raiding and then it starts to wind you up.
    As you can see I'm very much still on the fence.... I loved vanilla WoW back then but I can't see it fitting in to this life now.

8. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I'm the same as you, although a few years older but I'm taking a different view. I'm not interested in raiding at all now and I want to play casually, enjoying the original story and quest lines. Yeah, I'll do a few PUG dungeons for a chance on better gear but i'm not in it for endgame raids. This way, I can pick it up and put it down as required.

9. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I hear you. I'm just not sure it's possible to play it casually. At least - not for me. But I'd so like to dive back in and try it again. We'll see.. I might just wait a few months.

10. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I can definitely pick it up and put it down. I've done it with other MMOs since WoW. As long as I'm in the mindset of enjoying and experiencing all the content the devs have included, it becomes a marathon, not a sprint to endgame. It took me years and years to explore all the areas in FFXIV but I got there in the end. Did a bit of endgame stuff but nothing serious.

11. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

I am very excited for this. Would love to start a bit tech guild.

12. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

That'd mean us all being on the same server and the same faction... tall ask!! ;)

13. Jeff Hine

Jeff Hine Nothing special

... esp. cross-Region; as some in this thread may be in NA.

My thoughts on Classic are based around big events I never got to see, first time - AQ gates, for example; whether I need to be in on day-1 to be ready for it, I dunno... but if I do I need to get a wiggle on.
    Mainly, I wanna see the full Realm list on 27 August before I choose where I play.

14. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I tend to pick medium population servers at launch. High pops are too much of a grind and the auction economy tends to be stupid until it settles down.

15. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I remote desktoped into my computer from work at midday to bypass the 6 hour queue.
    My membership ran out at 18:00 and I got back at 18:10.
    Had to rebuy membership and now im stuck in a 371 minute queue
    RIP.

I'll be playing on Mograine EU on horde - it's the unofficial english realm.
    Discord - https://discord.gg/Pkyez3Q
    BTag - Panomama#2503

Last edited: 27 Aug 2019
  16. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I'm on EU Pyrewood Village which is also seems to be all English.

BTag - Firebird56#2868

17. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

These waiting times to get on server ..... Only had chance to start playing tonight. Logged at 4.30pm and still 200 minutes remaining in queue :jawdrop: . Started at 188 minutes and just went up!!

Excitement destroyed.

18. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Yep I started queuing at midday, currently position 177 approx 9 minutes left.
    Over 6 1/2 hours

19. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Well im down to 4632 in queue ... says 11 minutes. A tad optimistic if you ask me. They need to sort this out.

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Well people did want the classic WoW experience... flaky, overloaded, servers were part and parcel of early WoW.

rma likes this.