1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Wow, my first elecrtic shock!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SiMonTiST, 14 Jul 2003.

1. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

I shocked my self to see if it worked.. it was a air filter made into a shock unit .

2. Vap0K177@r-22.C

Vap0K177@r-22.C What's a Dremel?

just got my first 230v electric shock :hehe:

modding my db's psu by changing the fan and 7v'ing it my mum appeared and started asking questions at which point my hand brushed against the pcb connected to the plug-in part :rolleyes: needless to say i shat myself dropped everything and tripped the mains out aswell :rock:

doesnt hurt tho and was actually quite dissapointing tbh :thumb:

moral of the story dont just turn of the psu with the back switch turn it off at the bl00dy mains!!!!!

3. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

urrm please dont tell me you were workin on a live PSU. (plugged int mains with mains on )

how meny websites have to say PSUs contain enough voltage to kill you. theres huge warnings on the things. if your gonna modd psus disconnect them from mains leave for a week. or discharge the caps first (screwdriver connected to ground short out the caps + leg

4. Vap0K177@r-22.C

Vap0K177@r-22.C What's a Dremel?

i had the sense to check the caps with a multimeter and they were fine ,just not the sense to turn it off at the mains :duh:

5. appe

appe What's a Dremel?

Emn. That was quite dumb.
    When you get hit by a electric shot, you nerves tell the brain "hurt here please." ..if the nerves are boiled, and your arm is like a hot dog. the nerves cant send the signals. and believe me. the nerves wont be able to "send" anything before they are boiled. The poor suckers.. .. :grr:
    ..well. if your brain doesnt registrate it as pain och danger. it tries to go on. when your left arm is boiled, the blood wont be.. that good :eyebrow:
    it will be on the floor or in the air as gas. :thumb: so your heart wont have any blood to pump.

And. Blood is a leading material. so dub dub **** ****, your ass is dead.
    well. this guy is quite lucky, the smack was apperantly to short tó make that severe damage. :)

Another thing that can kill you, is not the power at all. its the brain malfunction. your nerves gets freaky, and then your brain to, even though theres no electric impact on the brain, you can get extreme "throw-aways" with the extrements of your body, i know people that have broken their thumb, only by getting a small electric chock in it, the nerves get freaky and makes a fat move, *ritch*, now visualise you get it in the shoulder or even worse. your back. your neck could break immediatly.
    :grr:

6. Darth Joules

Darth Joules Minimodder

Just out of curiosity....can I be shocked by my PSU if I'm pulling out the molex pins from their housing or cutting the wires and re-wiring them to new molex pins? Of course the PSU will be disconnected from the wall and turned off. It's just I'm no electrician and electricty seems to be fatally attratched to me.....just shocked my self via my bottom lip yesterday, a nice blister is forming and smoking makes it sting like buggery! :eeek:

I wonder if anybody here has been struck by lightning?

Darth Joules

7. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

No the +5 and +12 volt lines are not powered. If your power supply supports 3amps at 3.3 volts dc for standby (usually a purple wire) you could get a jolt from that. To be safe, insert a metal probe into a ground plug and sweep it across the insides of the power supply to fully ground it. Or use cowhide gloves :)