1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Wow, my first elecrtic shock!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SiMonTiST, 14 Jul 2003.

1. tkwsn

tkwsn What's a Dremel?

It's rather amazing he's not injured .. or is he? :eyebrow:

2. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

not yet... though i do believe he was bashed upside his head long ago... :duh: :wallbash: :waah:

3. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

i got shocked off 440V ac off the dishwasher at work. it was the wiredest feeling ever.

theres the control panel on the dishwasher and i was switching wash modes and the panel was loose (no 1 told me) so i press the button with wet hands (like i usally do) and my hand moved away from it so fast and the panel fell off with wires exposed. im nto gonna touch it so i get 1 of the stupid cheffs to move it for me. and he does it n gets a worse shock that i as he didnt turn it iff at the wall dumbass)

4. I'm_Not_A_Monster

did you get a "neckache" and have to go on disability??? :naughty:

5. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

I got shock before too by the PSU...
    same thing happened

6. Pioneer

Pioneer What's a Dremel?

when i was about 5-6 i saw my dad fixing cable to a wall with what looked like nails, so i wanted to try. i got some drawing pins and tryed ataching an extension lead to a wall, hammer hammer BANG. my fingers went numb for hours, never did it again

7. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

My knowledge is not what it was when I was learning all this stuff, but the real bad shock is where you have the electricity going from one hand through your body out the other hand. I've heard one amp will stop your heart.

8. RR5

RR5 What's a Dremel?

Sorry I'm too lazy to read all the pages looking to see if someone answered this. When in the US and you set the PSU to 240 V it simply will not power on. The motherboard has a POWER GOOD signal thats sent from the PSU. No 110V no power good.

9. truechaos99

truechaos99 What's a Dremel?

Hehe, saw this thread, and many others, and had to sign up :D but well, on to the story.

I like taking apart anything electrical to see how it works... (im 15), and one day, few months ago, i opened up my psu. didnt know what one of the things in it was, took it to my dad and went: "Dad, whats that? (touches it)" i went flying backwards, (was standing at the time) the psu flew outta my hands, i landed at least 3 feet away from where i was standing... funny thing was my dad caught the psu and it still works. My arm hurt like crazy then just went numb for a wile. All the time, my dad is just laughin his ass off :hehe: :naughty:

Hehe, that was my biggest electrical shock :lol:

-Cameron

10. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

you were lucky. PSUs hold enough voltage to kill you. you prolly touched 1 of the yellow transformer thingys. or brushed against a Heatsink on the mofset.

11. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

The worst shocks I get are from my stinkin laptop. I use it as an alarm clock. So when I get up in the morning, I go over to turn it off and ZAP. kicking things, yelling. Fun stuff. I think that it might be the silk pajamas?

12. WNxPunk

WNxPunk What's a Dremel?

My first elecrtic shock was :nono: when I was taking a part a old radio, I forgot to unplug it :duh: ZAP!!

13. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

Try putting a 9v battery between your toung and braces (ouch!)

I also got one from a cold cathode invertor once

I think theyre about 500v but i could be wrong! only milliamps though!

14. pcjabber

pcjabber What's a Dremel?

Reminds me of a kid in Science this year -- he grabbed a Styrofoam ball, and paper clips (does anyone see where this is going?, stuck the paperclips inside the ball, stuck it in the outlet, and pressed "RESET". The ball LITERALLY exploded in his hand and started burning. He almost set a stack of papers on fire! Dumb***...=)

15. I'm_Not_A_Monster

[me goes to find paper clips...]

happy future birthday! :thumb:

16. kill_me_quick

kill_me_quick Big and Blue

Using an old AT psu as a test, as they have a switch on them so its easier to use it as a test...... removed the heat shrink around the switch (switches the 240v mains). Turning it on and managed to bridge the connect so i got 240v into my thumb. Dropped the psu and had a tingeling finger for about 1/2hour afterwards. Strange that my dad got a 240v shock today as well when doing our lights. This is considering he is a qualified electrician.

17. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

Tr00 dat. Takes 1A to stop the human heart, 1A to start it again... Least that's what I was taught in school.

My worst shock so far (I say so far because I know I'll experience worse eventually, I'm too stupid not to) was hand-to-hand, a camera flash cap (fully charged). Was going to shock a penny, didn't notice my other hand was on a trace that lead straight to the other lead of the cap. Felt like someone came up behind me and pushed me, I thought I jumped around to sock them for being a jerk, but then I realized no one was there :hehe:

18. I'm_Not_A_Monster

so... what your saying is... if it's an even number of amps, were safe? wheres that fork, i wanna stab mr. outlet...

j/k

19. kiljoi

kiljoi I *am* a computer king.

Got a little jolt yesterday plugging in my power cord with finger on the ground prong. Just a tingle. But it made me remember this poor schmuck who used to live by me. I had to go and save his dumb-ass because I am with the volunteer fire department. Mr. Genius (as we'll call him) had decided that it would be a good idea to make some repairs to his power-lines himself. In a thunderstorm. On an aluminum ladder. Now some of you can see where this is going. Somehow (Gee, I wonder) he managed to shock himself when lightning hit the powerlines. So his heart stops. But get this. When he got shocked, it threw him off the ladder and he landed in a cactus patch. Lucky for him though, when he hit the ground from like twenty feet up, the impact jump-started his heart again. And he was ok!! He had two very nasty scars on his hand and his foot though.

20. dirtbiker

dirtbiker What's a Dremel?

I did that exact thing, but with a light switch in Minorca, it was really weird...!
    :D