1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors wrote off my car

Discussion in 'General' started by xen0morph, 15 Feb 2006.

1. Quattro

Quattro What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure... They have torque convertors so they can't possibly stall.

2. AJB2K3

AJB2K3 What's a Dremel?

Dunno ive never been able to repeat it

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

No it's the one at the end of Burghley Street where you can turn right to go to Sainsburys or left to get onto West Road via the mini roundabout.

4. Kernel

Kernel Likes cheese

I know where you mean, my friend lives just off West Road.

5. Faind

Faind What's a Dremel?

most people hit a coupe things when there learning to first drive a car, usually just after they start getting comfortable and start paying less attn: like the speeding thing here, I backed into my garage door right after i got my first car, both where fine but it sounded like lightning hit the house.

6. davew

davew What's a Dremel?

I always drive into the house/fence or whatever when I'm parking at home. Best way to get as close as possible is to touch. Wouldn't do if my car was any good though!

7. Bunny

Bunny What's a Dremel?

I can't quite beat 2 months, but 3 months after passing my test I imanaged to lose it on a s-bend on a country road.. The car (a ten-year old red metro :rock: ) span 180 degrees along its axis, and carried on in a straight line, whilst unfortunately the road took a turn to the right. We went through a fence, into a ditch, the car rolled onto its roof, out of the ditch and right way-up again into a tree.

It was sat on a branch, right-way-up, about a foot off the ground. in the tree.

Anyway, no-one else was involved except me and my friend in the car. So I phoned my brother in law who drives a jeep, and between us used one of the fenceposts as a lever to heft the car out of the tree, through the ditch and through the hedge. I've got a great video of my car emerging onto an elsecar backroad from a hedge, indicators and lights working, covered in leaves, no windcreen and battered to buggeration, driving off back to my house.

I was living at home at the time, and my mum and step-dad were away on holiday. So I sorted things out with the insurance company, and got the car taken away. it was declared a right-off, the insurance paid out, (£250) and I'd bought a new car by the time mum and stepdad got home.

To this day, they have no idea, and think I just replaced the clapped out metro with a seven-year-old renault.

That got rear-ended by an unninsured ****** on the M62 about nine months later, if that's of interest to anyone. I now have a brand new Seat, which I actually look after.

Last edited: 18 Feb 2006
  8. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

went and spoke to the police yesterday - i'm not losing my license, but only because the witnesses are going abroad! i've been very lucky to end up without points or even a fine, so i'm going to be a lot more careful when i get my next car...

9. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd and WC Addict

You are lucky indeed!

10. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Got any pics anyhow? The only thing that I've done to my car is reversed into a drainpipe that was half cut off at a multistory carpark, it's the same colour as the wall and you couldn't see it from behind, got stuck under my bumper and lifted the car off it's back wheels, had to push the car forwards to get it back on all 4 wheels!

/me hugs clio too, great car!

Tags: