1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wter cooled GTX295's

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by JackOfAll, 21 Jul 2009.

1. JackOfAll

JackOfAll What's a Dremel?

Please don't shoot. This isn't really a for sale thread, honest! ;)

For a long list of reasons (and a healthy dose of illogical thought) that I'll not bore you with, I'm building another folding machine with 4x GTX295's. These will be the single PCB version.

I originally intended to re-use a pair of original 2x PCB GTX295's that already have EK water blocks fitted. These have been patiently waiting to be re-installed in a MB for too long now. I want to get some £££'s back for them, but I also want them to remain folding.

So here's the deal....... A pair of Zotac GTX295's, pre-fitted with EK water blocks for £500. Assuming that someone here will purchase them and get them folding again, I'll help out by providing a brand new 18W DDC 3.2 pump, brand new EK V2 pump top, brand new XSPC drive bay reservoir, and all the fittings you need. You'll need to provide a 3x120mm radiator, and a meter or so of 1/2" ID tubing. (Without totting up exact amounts, I can safely say that original purchase price of the above is > £1000, so £500 is a fair price, I think. You'll have to spend up to an additional £100 for the radiator and tubing.)

The cards were bought in Feb and have folded for about 3 months solid without an EUE, before sitting idle. They are stable, bios overclocked to 648/1476/1080 and will net you 6.5-8K PPD each GPU depending on the project, so figure approx 30K PPD for the pair of cards. Max GPU temps were < 60 deg C, the pair of them in series, connected to a XSPC RX360 radiator.

Any interest here? (If not, I'm quite happy to eBay the cards. Getting at least £250 a piece without the ancillaries shouldn't be too difficult. ;))

Last edited: 21 Jul 2009
  2. Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew Folding in memory of my father

I'll take them. Just PM'd you.

Christopher

3. JackOfAll

Thank you to all for the interest. Cards are sold. They will be folding, but unfortunately not for our team.

4. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

supplying the enemy eh?

*wispers*makes sure he dosn't leave this forum alive*

lol xD:D

5. coolamasta

coolamasta Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

Nooooooooooooooooooo that was a bargain, dammit lol

Are the single PCB 295's out now then Clive?

6. JackOfAll

Yes they are. I was a little concerned that they wouldn't overclock as well having switched to an analogue power design, rather than the digital of the original dual PCB version, but numbers posted on another forum suggest that the single PCB overclocks just as well when watercooled. I'm probably going to go with the Swiftech Epsilon block for my new cards.

[​IMG]

While still on the subject of GTX295's, I have an unused AquaComputer aquagraFX water block for a dual PCB GTX295. If anyone is interested, make me an offer. (Priority given to pre-existing folders for the CPC & BT team.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 22 Jul 2009
  7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

We've got a single PCB GTX 295 coming in from BFG next week :thumb: