1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films X-Men Origins: Wolverine [Spoilers please!]

Discussion in 'General' started by Unicorn, 30 Apr 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

First of all can I say damn this forum and its many interesting threads of late, I could (and sometimes do :wallbash:) spend hours reading what you folks write in here and on the tech blogs! There are just not enough hours in the day to read and reply to everything that goes on on BT :rock:

Anyway, my buddy at the cinema ninja'd me into a staff screening of this movie on Monday night (at 11:30 lol) and it was TRULY awesome! I know a lot of people on fan websites etc had gotten hold of the leaked print rip a few weeks ago and had said that it was rubbish but that was still in the post production stages and had placeholder explosions and music still in it, not to mention all the green screen. It's a brilliant movie and I reccomend you all go and see it tomorrow when it's released to the public. Easily a 4 if not 5 star show!

2. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

*warms up the hate radiator*

/me cannot afford to see any films for a long while.. and there are so many I need to see or my girlfriend will have a wimpering mess rambling about Terminator, Star Trek, Wolverine, etc on her hands....

just like when I saw the trailers

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I saw it and, I have to say, it truly was the most god-awful bit of tripe I'd ever seen. There so many plot holes that Stephen Hawking could write a thesis on how all the fun and personality of the comics and characters had gravitated inside them, never to be found again.

Truly, a very disappointing film.

4. Unicorn

sigh, I knew some die hard fans wouldnt like it. I liked it for what it was, not for what I wanted it to be. I didnt read the comics, I only saw the films. From that point of view, it was excellent. From a die hard fans point of view, I can see why you wouldnt like it. But for everyone who still hasnt seen it, go and see it yourself and tell us what you thought!

5. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I'm not a diehard fan and I thought it was pretty comical. I just luaghed through it, like Spiderman 3.

I watched the leaked version and thought it was better. If only for the scenes with "Eplosions here".

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Me too - I read specific comic arcs, but I'm hardly a die-hard fan. It was just a bad, bad film. It was ridiculous and out-of-nowhere and transparent and...crap.

7. Unicorn

LOL Who added the [spoilers please!] part? :D I don't wanna ruin it for people!

8. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

i watched parts of it last night (kept skipping ahead every so often) and even including the fact it wasn't the fully finished film I thought it was quite cool.

9. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

I was at the premiere at the cinema yesterday, and even though I am not a diehard fan of the X-men comics or movies, I was somewhat dissapointed! Not because of the plot holes or staying true to the comics, just because I found it boring and tedious from time to time. And dont get me started on Wolverines blades! What the f*ck was up with that LOUSY cgi job there? They looked so alien sometimes, not real, whatsoever! The first movie was sooo much better!

10. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Good action.

11. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

I hope it follows the weapon x comics...

I'm not a die hard fan, just have a couple of those comics floating around my flat

Last edited: 30 Apr 2009
  12. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i'm not even close to a die-hard fan, i've never read the comic, just seen the prev 3 x-men movies. i thought it was an entertaining movie, but a very poor story. plot holes, wasted characters, and shallow interactions. i know it's just an action movie, but action movies can have real storylines too.

13. Mr Flibbles

Mr Flibbles I'm not part of the solution....

The third film was a bit poor, they could have done so much more with the pheonix character. Wasted characters in films is a pet hate...espically Darth Maul......he was a dude!!

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

when the charcter Zero first made his enterance with his skills set, i nearly walked out of the film, totally S***, wasn't cool in any shape or form. Lets also not forget the ability of bill being able to cut bullets.

Then the film got watchable for a while up the point where gambet decides to break up a fight with his own fight, in an alley which made no sense what so ever.

then Mr 11 at the end, oh dear oh dear i was tempted to demand my money back!

This film is a total joke and has now tainted the last 3 X-men films, not that they were that great either, but at least they were well made with a semi decent plot.

no wonder hugh jackman wont be doing any more! it sucked! If anything this film is the love child between kill bill and x-men, but missing the coolness of its parents.

15. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

saw the leaked awhile back.. going to go see the full version when star trek comes out.. make a day of it on a saturday.. just walk out of star trek and into wolverine =] get the 2 for 1

I liked the leaked version.. I dunno what the cgi is like in the final- I used to read hulk comics, wasn't much of a wolverine xmen reader.
    the super mutant was pretty weak if he had that much power- he should have just brought that adamantium bullet gun.. seemed to do the job just fine XD

Last edited by a moderator: 1 May 2009
  16. Unicorn

I'm surprised so many have seen it already... I assume most of you are talking about the unfinished leaked version or were at the premiere?

17. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Last edited by a moderator: 1 May 2009
  18. Unicorn

You don't see it in the trailer, but Logan and Liev's character Vincent Creed (Sabretooth) are actually brothers.

Logan is taken down at the end of the film by several Adamantium bullets, which cause him to lose his memory and sets the scene for the first X-Men movie to begin.

HOWEVER at the end of the credits (YES I sat through all 10 minutes of them) Logan is shown sitting in Tokyo, Japan drinking shots at a bar. The barmaid asks him if he is drinking to forget, and he says "No, I'm drinking to remember" which suggests a sequel based in Japan.

19. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Nottingham showcase showed it at 10:30 Tuesday night, day before release. So of course I went as it was quiet in cinema, only a few of us!

I hate watching crappy pre release video's off the internet they ruin a film so much. I like the intro of the film where you see the brothers in each major war civil, 1st, 2nd, nam, then elite unit. Logan is dam old!!

20. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

ah usually drag and highlight the text for spoilers.. didn't see the forum had spoiler tags- I'll remember that next time =]

yeah burnout the pre-release was the whole film.. didn't see anything missing really.. they just didn't finish the cgi.. so like that war intros.. you saw low poly 3d without textures..

was very interesting to watch- still seen the harnesses attached too when they did jumps and stuff.. didn't hurt they ripped it in 720p