1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor X-Qpack

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [GiB] Spawny, 11 Jul 2005.

1. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

I have an Antec Aria case and has not let me down as far. But feel limited in cooling options and have done all I can to improve the basic design. It does however run on the hot side. I was toying with a Shuttle upgrade, but using my existing hardware for the time being. With some improved cooling some oveclocking might give me some improved performance as a stop gap. Having installed CS2 it does cough when I load it up

Northwood 478 3.2Ghz
    9800 pro AGP
    Corsair 1 Gig (Big Black HS with LEDs on top) 3800 I think??
    Etc.

Then I came accross these cases and has got me thinking?

Migrate accross and upgrade my stock Intel HSF to Zalman jobby as I'll have more room. Then at somepoint upgrade the internals when I have more money?

My only winge is the lack of a card reader. Seeing that most of the work I do is photography with a splash of gaming. But my modding urges are still in my vains and this is really tempting me?

Any thoughts?

2. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

that case looks truly awsome. Heres some linkys for more info:
    http://reviews.pimprig.com/cases/aspire_x-qpack_alu_matx_case.php

http://www.chenmingusa.com/118.html

As with most cases it trades under several names ;)

the zalaman jobby will fit in the X-Qpack and the 120mm fan is a big upgrade from the limited cooling in the aria. Also unlike the aria the exaust isn#t constricted by the psu. The psu in this case is a very powerfull one for such a small case at 420w.

don't go with the shuttle the X-Qpack can be had for much cheaper and will sort your cooling issues, the component holding your games performance back is your 9800 pro and the X-Qpack will be able to handel the extra heat from a faster card :)

3. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

Thanks for the support :D

Guess I might need to upgrade the old 9800. Was going to wait if I can and get a PCI express card version and go for the full upgrade. Chip, motherboard and GFX card. Getting an AGP version upgrade card will be a wise choice or not at this stage?

4. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

yep :D pick up a 6800gt cheep now the 7800gtx is out. The 6800gt will be about 3x the speed of your 9800pro and far better than what the same money a new board will cost you.

Tags: