1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

x

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Gooey_GUI, 29 Aug 2008.

1. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

That is the one positive thing about having Congress controlled by one party while the president is from the other - nothing controversial happens. For that matter, not much of anything happens. Sometimes I'm okay with that.

2. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

That's one of the most intelligent things I've seen written about politics on this board in a long time.

3. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

x

Last edited: 28 Feb 2017
  4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

So you worry that Palin's lack of experience managing large budgets may result in worse spending than Bush' deliberate misspending of large budgets? :p

That's the one positive thing about Bush: after him, anybody in the White House looks good.

5. Gooey_GUI

x

6. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

The thing that has been annoying me lately about the whole palin's daughter being pregnet at 17, is the fact that they are (the media etc), well not exactly blaming her that she is pregnant, but blaming her parenting skills and saying that if she can't control her daughter, how can she help be in charge of a country?

i realize that she is Christian and religion and Christian beliefs seem to play a large part in us politics when it is not meant too anyways, but im sure she will have brought her daughter up on those values.

im rambling on a bit, but what im trying to get at is, her daughter who is off a mature enough age to make the consensual decision to have sex, then that is up to the daughter to make that decision, one which does not involve her mother so why should it be brought up against her?

i hope her and mccain don't get it, would like to see obama in the white house!

7. Nexxo

Well, first off in many US states 17 years old is below the age of consent. Secondly, she got pregnant out of wedlock because she and her boyfriend basically did not practice what mother preached. Mom now stands proudly by her daughter as moms should, but there is that question about double standards...

8. Gooey_GUI

Palin is a strong advocate of eliminating sex education and replacing it with lectures on abstinence. It provides no information on birth control or STD transmission. Her stance does not give young and vulnerable participants any help where they really need it. It presupposes that the human spirit will overcome natural human instinct through religion or moral conviction. She might as well be a proponent of teen crises centers while she's at it, and that's not meaning some place where they shame you into keeping the baby even when it is beyond the means of the unexpected teen parents.

:wallbash:

9. Nexxo

QFT. Perhaps she should read the entry on Roe vs. Wade in the book Freakonomics.

10. Gooey_GUI

x

11. Gooey_GUI

x

12. Gooey_GUI

x