1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL x

Discussion in 'General' started by Gooey_GUI, 4 May 2009.

1. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

x

Last edited: 2 Feb 2017
  2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Epic racist fail :duh:

3. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Lol at the people. "How am I gonna feed ma kidz now?"

4. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

Whoa, why wave the racist flag!!!?, the news program showed black people complaining about a lack of chicken, at a restaurant chain that advertised a special deal on a chicken bucket. I would be annoyed, if a company failed to deliver, a highly advertised product or service. Yes, black people enjoy eating chicken, go to any predominately black area and take a poll if you don't believe me. Is it racist to point out that Italians enjoy pizza, or that Indians enjoy curry, no it is simply a reflection of their cultural heritage.

By bleating constantly about perceived racism, you simply create a atmosphere of fear, where people instead of discussing their feeling in an open arena, which can be constructively challenged, repress their true sentiments, until they are so necrotic that they can only be discussed amongst those with even more extreme and blinkered opinions.

500mph likes this.
  5. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

I have atleast 3 chicken breasts in my freeze.

Ha ha merkins!

Ending Credits likes this.
  6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I think I speak for... err myself when I say chill out. It's obviously not a racist video, BUT if viewed by a racist would probably be perceived to be funny. There are several points that I could make about this video and how it ties to several very old and very racist jokes, but that's all that I was pointing out with my "racist fail" comment. News stations are normally bvery careful to include a wide range of opinions from different parts of a community when reporting from the streets, in this case they haven't done that and it could be grounds for a racist accusation.

I guarantee that I'm the most unbiased, universally accepting person you will EVER meet on the internet. I take racism/ secterianism/ segregation of any kind very seriously, especially given that I have grown up in a country that has been torn apart by it for 30+ years... There are still streets in my own city that I can't walk down without getting bad looks. I think you seriously misunderstood the meaning of what I posted. I apologize if it looked as if I were raising a racist flag but that was nowhere near my intention.

7. Gooey_GUI

x

8. dom_

dom_ --->

Well i am a racist (bloody south africans!) and i approve this non racist :thumb:

edit: i forgot about the french

Last edited: 4 May 2009
  9. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

So anyone who didn't vote for Obama is a racist? Because that's kinda what you're implying

10. Akava

Akava Lurking...

No, he was simply trying to show that as he voted for Obama the chances of him being a racist and thus the video he linked being racially motivated, were very very unlikely.

11. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

@ The_Beast - I think he was implying that anyone who was racist wouldn't vote for Obama purely on race, so wouldn't have a link to his website in their sig. However, there could be many other reasons why people wouldn't vote for him, which would also explain a lack of url or vote. Just because a reason works in one direction doesnt mean it does in the other.

All chickens are birds, but all birds are not chickens... etc

*damn akava beat me to it...*

RwD

Last edited: 4 May 2009
  12. The_Beast

I know, I was just trying to prove a point that some people believe to be true: anyone who didn't vote for Obama must be racist

13. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

everyone's a little bit racist!

14. Fisher.

Fisher. partially impartial

[​IMG]

Engaged.

:lol:

15. Gooey_GUI

x

16. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

That's probably the most racist post within this thread. It shows the 'them and us' mentality that makes racism what it is. I'm not saying you were being intentionally racist, but it's the seeing the colour of someone's skin before you see the person that makes someone a racist.

17. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Read between the lines and perhaps you can save yourself from asking a silly question.

He is quite clearly saying that with him voting for Obama, its quite likely he isnt a racist.

As for this advert - Yeah I cant help but cringe and think this video can imply the TV station were perhaps themselves racist or trying to incite feelings from others that "black people like chicken"

Either that or....there werent other white or ethnic groups about to tape.

If it is the second possibility and black people were coming one after the other and they simply innocently filmed it....Well then fair do's ( in which case the rumour is fueled even more now )

18. The_Beast

I guess you don't read every post in the thread before replying, that's ok, I'll catch you up

two post after what you have quoted I said "I know, I was just trying to prove a point that some people believe to be true: anyone who didn't vote for Obama must be racist"

19. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Racist, nah. But the term "blacks" is a bit, er, 70's :eyebrow:

FWIW I would imagine quite a lot of racists voted for Obama (and quite a lot of non-racists vote for McCain).
    Racism is odd like that. Rational thought has little to do with it.
    But that isn't really related to the original post.

20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Oh my god! A restaurant chain ran out of chicken? Headline news! Not like that happens almost every week at my work.