1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL x

Discussion in 'General' started by Gooey_GUI, 4 May 2009.

1. Major

Major Guest

Woah! Blacks = Racism now? GTFO.

I like how they are so annoyed without chicken! It's like no chicken = end of world.

2. Turbotab

Turbotab I don't touch type, I tard type

Ever been a minute or so late for a breakfast muffin, rejection sucks, especially when it comes coated in delicious

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

"how am I gonna feed my kids" :sigh: if only an airplane had flown into popeyes and taken out all those cars

4. DorkSterr

DorkSterr Hakuna Matata

Are they trying to be racist? Or was it just coincidence that all the customers were black? I only saw two white people in this video the news hosts.

5. Major

Major Guest

The majority of videos I watch are mainly white people, does that mean the videos are racists?

6. gar

gar Minimodder

Yea, there's quite a history of people using the word "black" in a racist way. Thats simply why it doesn't look good when you use it on a forum.

I was a Catholic brought up in N Ireland. A guy at work calls me a fenian cos he thinks it's a bad word to call a catholic. But it does actually mean warrior in Irish.

So if anyone's getting upset at this thread, don't bother, it's just a bit of ignorant attention seeking.

7. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Well said!

8. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

If the video is playing on a racial stereotype then yes.

This video is playing on the stereotype that all black people love chicken. I do find it hard to believe that every customer was black so it's not a great leap to think that whoever was editing this film decided to cut it so it only really featured black people complaining about their lack of chikin'

Not that I really care, I'm more concerned about how this was considered newsworthy.

9. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

I imagine that the area it was filmed in had a large African-American population, hence why only black people were on the video. It always annoys me when people presume the minute there is a video/picture/article with people of one ethnic background (other than white British/American), that it's automatically racist, it's attitudes like that which are still keeping up ethnic and class divides.

About the video though, did any one else find it hilarious when that lady got upset and said "how am I meant to feed my family"..... What happened to cooking the meal herself?

10. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

funny ****

11. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

In the U.S. people of color are commonly referred to as Blacks except that leaves out other shades of colors other races have. Saying "black Americans" has been that way ever since people stopped calling them other things like African-Americans, Negroes, Coloreds and worse. Blacks in the U.S. don't necessarily feel that as an American that they have to have reference to Africa in their heritage. It is tolerated only as an instrument of being politically correct.

Black Americans have been in the country before it was even the USA. One of the first patriots killed, at the Boston Massacre, was Crispus Attucks. Even as historians want to point out the revolutionary as a black American, he may also have had Native American ancestors.

I'm not prejudiced. I was laughing at the news station for such a poorly edited story. The length of it with all those interviews, with just "black Americans", was beyond the scope necessary for a story about chicken running out at some fast food outlets.