1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XARIG AQUA-SLI MKII - CPU Update

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Xarig, 30 Jan 2005.

?

Which hard drive housing?

Poll closed 11 Feb 2005.
  1. Silentmaxx

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Aqua computer

35 vote(s)
    85.4%
  1. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Unfortunately XFX are getting a bit of a bad reputation for unresponsive customer support. If it carries on like this I'm going to buy a different brand when I next upgrade, it just not good working practice for such a popular card manufacturer :grr:

2. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

:wallbash:
    Thanks Firehed, I'm getting quite into Photoshop now I might have a go at one for you if you like - I'll need to re-read your log to get a feel for it :hip:

I rang XFX tech support in the UK, it cost me 60p about $1 per minute for the pleasure and they were useless :wallbash: just referred me back to the reseller who told me warranty claims should go direct to XFX :wallbash: :wallbash: Great kit (youv'e got to accept some will be faulty) but crud service.......same old story........once they've got the cash they lose interest. :grr:

3. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the offer, if you get time I'd be really grateful, but don't go to too much trouble...... I know what a busy life can be like.

I've only got some free time at the moment because I'm recovering from some shoulder surgery a few days ago. My sporting past caught up with me and the 'shoulder mods' I inficted by playing rugby finally had to be returned to default by the surgeon :hehe: :hehe: Bit sore :eeek: :waah:

4. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

The logo looks GREAT..Very professional and fits the project. :thumb:

5. Dezjay

Dezjay What's a Dremel?

What chipset block did you use?

I'm working on almost the same setup ! only with a 3500 and MSI 6800's :)

6. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

It's the Aqua Computer TwinPlex AMD a nice piece of kit. Here's a link to where it came from Leftclicks.co.uk It requires a small cut to avoid hitting a capacitor on the A8N, but judging by your shuttle that won't put you off :dremel:

I'm pretty sure they would ship to NZ. If not I don't mind getting one for you if you can paypal me the cost plus shipping.

7. Dezjay

Dezjay What's a Dremel?

NL is holland not new zealand :)

I live about 5 min. from the german border so thats no prob. thanks and goo luck with your project i'll bookmarked it :)

8. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

:duh: Sorry, I knew that, just misread you signature. Thanks for showing interest in my project.

9. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

I like te logo. Maybe its nicer if you'd centre the two big, well 'waterdrops', a bit more. That way the text and logo would be in the middle and the black background of space behind the logo and text would be centrered.

Just like Vitruvius said; Harmony is Godlike. :D

Maybe my English is a bit blurry ;/, sorry.
    Hmm, you should provoke the reseller in telling him you would go to the 'Consumers Union' or some 'checking and correcting service for bad salesmen' you have there in the UK. Maybe he'll just give in? :naughty:

10. angelorus2000

angelorus2000 What's a Dremel?

i like the logo :clap: :clap:

11. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Well spotted, I've made the adjustment, looks like it has changed the posted logo too..... which make your comments look odd, sorry about that I guess I just saved it with the same name :worried:

Got me an avatar too..... I really feel like I belong :D

12. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Nice work as usual Xarig, hopeing to get mine modded over the summer...

13. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

And I was wondering for the past hours if my queen eyesight abandoned me.
    Noo, just kiddin'!

Man, I like the logo now. Terrific!

14. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Aqua-SLI Lives....... New 6800GT installed, loop filled and run on 'dearation', lights in and lots of messing about with positioning of spots etc. :D

Still quite a lot to do and I'll post some pics tomorrow. Tried to take some tonight BUT can't figure out how to set up my camera to take accurate UV shots :wallbash: :wallbash: It's a Canon 300D (digital Rebel in the US)Probably something to do with the white balance, anybody know how to set it up for UV :confused: ? Will try and get a teaser uploaded in the next half an hour. :rock:

15. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

I know how much you guys like to see the photos, so rather than go to bed I thought I’d get on with an update :rock: Besides I can sleep when I’m dead.

Okay first little job today was to sort out some spot LEDs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5mm white and 3mm UV, I hope you’re gonna like the effect. I’m going for a very clean and shiny front, with a throbbing rear (sounds like a baboon in season :hehe: ). I think you’ll see what I mean in a moment.

Behind the motherboard tray it’s getting kinda’ busy :worried: :

[​IMG]

This little fella came in very handy with all the refilling and emptying I have had to do due to the failed 6800GT, it also helps with removing airlocks.

[​IMG]

I’m pretty pleased with the overall finish of the top of the case, the fans shrouds work nicely and the combination of a UV and Blue LED in the aquatube seems to work as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before you ask :eyebrow: , I tipped the case onit’s side to help get the tiny bubbles out of the CPU block.

I want the front to have a more metallic feel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Won't let me post any more....... stay tuned.

16. Xarig

Xarig What's a Dremel?

Now for the bit you’ve all been waiting for, the business end:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You’ll be happy to see that I have got nice straight piece of tube now between the the Aquagrafx 6800s :baby:

The photos give you a pretty good idea of the amount of reflection there is in the back plate and floor. Only thing I have noticed is how obvious dust is on the floor of the case. Once I've competely finished I'll give it a good clean before taking my final montage of shots :thumb:

And when the lights go out :cooldude: :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The UV photos turned out better than they looked on the camera, still need to work on the focus a bit though.

Well folks that’s your lot for tonight. I’ve still got a lot to do, finishing off the front. Making a plexi facing for the upper area and 5.25 bays, gonna have to sort out the DVD drive - I hear the chrome guy calling :eeek:

I’m probably going to just fit the window that came with the case (with some minor modding of course) while I think about an etching. Now though it’s time for sleep :jawdrop: .

As always let me know what you think.

17. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Oh WOW, that just looks stunning! That little short bit of tubing does make thigns a lot cleaner.

Just plain good!

18. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Amazing, i just love it :D :clap:

19. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

Nice Cuplex :D Though I like my UV effect more. It show the structure of the copperblock a bit more :cooldude: .

I'm thinking about getting a 'white colour' plain white in the loop. White like milk. It should light up nicely in the blue. But how to get a white water-colour? :eyebrow:

20. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Use milk!

j/k that would smell like crap

Actually maybe adding a tiny bit of powdered milk may work... dunno.