1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics xbox 360 component to vga

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Snipes0990, 5 Dec 2005.

1. Snipes0990

Snipes0990 New Member

i want to make a component to vga adapter and i was wondering if anyone had a link to where i could find which pins i need to solder the component signal cables to. i am goin to try google but i was just wondering if anyone has done this before and how it worked, i know it can be done because they sell cables like this already

2. Wolfe

Wolfe New Member

You need a special converter.

Component video is sync-on-green, meaning the v and h sync information is transfered on the same cable that carries the green intensity information.

VGA has both v-sync and h-sync broken out in individual cables.

IOW, you have to buy a converter, which typically runs something like $50.

As far as i know with the x-box, the vga output and the component output uses different pins in the output connector. It's not actually converting one to the other.

3. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

I believe your converter is called the VD-Z3 (try googling that), I haven't got one to test though, so you're on your own as to whether or not it works with your box.

4. BlitzenWagon

BlitzenWagon New Member

why not just buy the VGA cable specifically made for the 360?! its probably like $20-30. check xbox-scene i saw something about this.

ah here you go: VGA
    and RGB

Oh and by the way on those schematics the link is used to tell the xbox what cable its using and what modes to enable.

Last edited: 13 Dec 2005