1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals xbox 360 wirless controler on BF3? UPDATE

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by t4n6o, 28 Mar 2012.

1. t4n6o

t4n6o You know when you've been tangoed

I've read on the net via searching through google that BF3 can be played on the pc with a wireless xbox 360 controler.

I have got my wireless controller synced to the machine and that works but I am unable to get it to work with BF3. Is it actually possible to use the controller or is this just a falacy?

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Thanks

t4n6o

Last edited: 7 Apr 2012
  2. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

cant see why it wouldnt be possible as my WIRED xbox 360 works just fine.

If you can get the controller setup within windows it should work just fine.

Does the pad work on other games ?

3. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Well-Known Member

I do believe that to get a wireless controller to work with a PC you need custom drivers for it to connect via usb charging cable etc or buy the RFID adapter for PC that allows you to connect the controller to PC.

Though it could just be cheaper to buy an official wired xbox controller.

4. improprietary

improprietary FT03 is a bitch to watercool

for the xbox 360 wireless controller to work on the pc you need that damn dongle microsoft sells :mad:
    ^^'this the official way.

5. t4n6o

the dongle i have and is patched to v2.0 or v2.1, I know that the controler works as i have had it working with deus ex hr and trackmania canyon

6. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

This may sound really stupid, and I apologise if it does, but have you setup the controls for it in BF3. When I plugged one of my controllers in I had to change all the controls by hand to the buttons on the pad. However, this wasn't with an Xbox controller.

7. t4n6o

no question is ever astupid 1 lol. but for some reason I dont have the option to, it says button 1, 2, 3 e.t.c. but I cant seem to set it up, maybe it has something to do with the new problem that has occured.

That being that the pad was set up and my brother in law turned off my rig for some reason and now it wont even sync to the dongle

8. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

You tried uninstalling it all and starting again? I often this the easiest solution when things randomly stop working.

As for Button 1, 2 etc....does it not let you assign a function to the key?

9. t4n6o

yeah tried uninstalling it and reinstaling, but to no avail - except when it said there was an unknown device so i installed the driver from win 7 and i worked until my wife told her brother to turn off my pc and now i dont even get that option.

Think I am going to ring microsoft tomorrow and get them to fix my wireless headset problem at the same time as that (used to) keep syncing and unsyncing before

10. MonkeyBoss

MonkeyBoss New Member

There has been major issues with the wireless dongle for the PC, microsoft discontinued them because of the problems

11. t4n6o

that as it may, for those that have 1 they should still offer support, if they try not to then they will be on the recieving end of my angry customer side - and things get done then (in a firm but non thretening way).

12. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

This might be a silly question, but do you have the wireless controller turned on before starting BF3 up?

My BF3 won't pick up my wireless controller unless it is turned on prior to starting BF3 up.

13. t4n6o

at the moment, my receiver wont pick up the controller, it used to!:wallbash:

14. t4n6o

UPDATE

controler now sync'd just having problems with the headset now

15. Byron C

Byron C Over-reacting and over-analysing since 1982

...I picked one up in Currys/Comet/Dixons/whatever earlier this year... Although it was purchased with a controller, rather than just the dongle on it's own; you certainly can't get the dongle on it's own.