1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by modderino, 11 Apr 2006.

1. modderino

modderino What's a Dremel?

im lookin to get an xbox 360 or psp for mi birthday which should i go for?

If i et xbox 360 what do i have to get to make so i can use xbox live?? what cables etc thanks

2. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

If you have a router (or a spare network socket on your pc) a single cat5 cable will be enough.

3. modderino

4. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Gah, couldn't help myself. That's two threads you've started that have had craptacular English.

As to answering your post: Which system you should get really depends on what type of games you like to play. Also considering the PSP is portable and the 360 is not so portable, then that should be the key to your decision.

For Xbox Live you won't need to purchase anything if you buy the Premium Edition. If you're planning on playing Live even before purchase then the Core edition shouldn't even be a consideration for you. The Premium edition will have the HDD, wireless controller, headset, HD Cables (at least here in the states), and ethernet cable. If you don't have a router, then you'll want to purchase one as well but you don't have to if you don't mind switching cables alot.

5. modderino

6. logan

logan flashback!

That is the XBOX Live starter kit. It's for the original Xbox - not the 360 (And project gotham 2 will not run on the 360).

If you already own an original xbox you can transfer an existing live account to the xbox 360. However, as far as i know you cannot use an original xbox live code for the 360.

With the 360 Premium you get silver live membership which alows you to download demos etc but it will not let you play online. For that you need a gold membership. Like this. If you transfer an original xbox Live account it is converted to a gold account on the 360.

The xbox website is here and should be a veritable fountain of information regarding the live service.

And if you could put a little more time and thought into your posts we'd all appreciate it - and be more responsive when you're in need of assistance. :thumb:

Edit: just thought, do you get a month of gold with premium? I don't know because i just upgraded my old account....

Last edited: 12 Apr 2006
  7. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

you do get a month of gold membership when you start your silver. (sorry I only read the what do I need to get on Live section of the OP hence my initial post).

8. tecguy

tecguy What's a Dremel?

Thanks for that\!!

Tags: