1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Xbox Controller to PC Question.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by LoKi V, 9 May 2004.

1. LoKi V

LoKi V What's a Dremel?

I'm sure this question has been asked before but i've been searching the site and i can't find any real helpful info. So if anybody has ANY suggestions whatsoever that may help or maybe a link to a thread where this has been asked before.. I'd really appreciate it.

I just got a "Super Joy Box" (Xbox Controller Adaptor for windows) so i can use my X-box Controller to play Unreal Tournament 2k4... I've configured the User.ini files so the analogs and all my buttons work correctly.

JoyX=Axis aStrafe SpeedBase=750 DeadZone=0.1 Invert=+1
    JoyY=Axis aBaseY SpeedBase=1000 DeadZone=0.1 Invert=-1
    JoyZ=
    JoyR=Axis aBaseX SpeedBase=40 DeadZone=0.03
    JoyU=Axis aLookUp SpeedBase=20 DeadZone=0.03 Invert=-1
    ;JoyV=
    ;JoySlider1=
    JoySlider2=
    JoyV=
    JoySlider1=

----

My Question, however is... the controller sometimes drifts up and down a bit when i'm playing (Like slowly moving up or down by itself) even when i'm not even pressing it. You unreal junkies know how much crap that can be when your trying to pull off Shock combo's. I was just curious if maybe anybody out there had a link or could help me with any information on how to make the controller not so touch sensetive. I'm not even sure if there is a way to do it but i didn't think it would hurt to ask. I thought it might of been the controller i was using so i bought a new X-box controller and it still does it slightly.. but just enough to annoy the hell out of me. So if anybody can help, Plz post!

Thanks

2. Piratetaco

Piratetaco is always right

why don't you use mouse and keyboard like everyone else,since it IS the best control method to use in and FPS. the problem may be that when you plug the pad in the sticks are slightly off center.the pad thinks that where the sticks start off(when you put power throught it) is dead center(the springs should return the stick to actual dead center) so just unplug it and plug it back in.that should solve your problem.

3. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

is it a official xbox controller?

sometimes on 3rd party/older controllers the joysticks can get a little warn and stick in certain positions, making you move to the left/right/forward etc.

this used to be a bain on my gamecube as i would have no control over whats going on onscreen.

it may also be bad wiring in the converter.

im almost certain its a hardware problem and not software :D

(why on earth would you want to play ut2k4 with a controller when mouse/kb is soooo much easier anyway?)

Tags: