1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Xbox DDR pad to PC!!!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Bob 1234, 23 Mar 2004.

1. Bob 1234

Bob 1234 What's a Dremel?

Hey, I have been a fna of ddr for a while, so I finally had enough cash, but no xbox or PS2, so I went to best buy (I REALLY hate 'em but they were the only ones close) and I bought a soft pad for the xbox, I did the normal mod of hacking the wires, red to red green to green ect. I then conneted it to my computer and it worked! I needed drivers so a quick search on google yealded me this: http://redcl0ud.hostrocket.com/xbcd.html

I installed windows on an old p3 and booted and it is all good now!
    So, anyone wanting to do this mod, I can assure you it will work (when done correctly). I'm sorry there are no pics, I'm lazy and don't feel like takin pics of stuff everyone should know.

I'ma go play DDR now! :rock:

-Bob

2. JavaDog

JavaDog What's a Dremel?

Cool...too bad the normal controllers aren't that easy...

[​IMG]

3. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Is there supposed to be a picture? Because my browser keeps loading the page and not stopping.

Is this the pad that you put on the floor and dance on? :naughty:
    Pretty cool!

BTW: what do you use it for? Is DDR on PC?

4. Bob 1234

Bob 1234 What's a Dremel?

Yes they are, it just takes different drivers to get 'em to work

No, no pic, I can upload one, but id'e be pretty boring, Yes this is a soft pad that you step on, and yes a form od DDR is out for pc, you can dl it a http://www.stepmania.com it works great, I have the DDR mixes 1-9 plus a few others.

-Bob

Last edited: 23 Mar 2004
  5. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

This is a sweet mod! I like the fact that its short and sweet. Great idea and I may just have to try this sometime. . . :rock:

6. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

the normal pads are just as easy to do, i did it with one and it works fine, you can even download the action replay software and if youve got a memory card transfer savegames from the net onto the memory card in your pad, i used it to put the hacked savegames onto my xbox to "softmod" it

7. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

Double post

Last edited: 24 Mar 2004
  8. malcs

malcs oops! i put a hole in the ***** :(

i made my own Xbox-USB cable that looks as if it was made like that i will post some pics later all you need is a USB connecter >> teh rules :D u can plug any xbox device into it that uses a snap-lead so quite frankly teh rox.

so does a0l. :)

9. instant rice

instant rice What's a Dremel?

My friend recently bought a stack of xbox controllers (to go with his new xbox). I told him he should let me mod one to be USB, but still work in the xbox. Looks like I get a chance to try it with someone else's money at stake and not my own :thumb:

[edit]I just realized the potential of the Steel Batallion controller for PC. Mechwarrior 4, anyone?[/edit]