1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox Live Gold membership free... forever!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 18 Jan 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

2. Reevey

Reevey What's a Dremel?

The person hasn't done a very good job at keeping his game tag hidden. Supposidly it's a fake anyway, some kid in #xbox360 (quakenet) has been staking the claim all yesterday. It's pretty easy to manipulate firefox to have done that and made it look real.

But oh well, if it is real then well played... you saved £40 for a service that is worth much much more.

3. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

people want it free..... that is how people are in general.

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I'll second that, despite owning neither an Xbox nor a 360.

While I have very little interest in owning either, having their (from what I've consistently heard) excellent online service for free could certainly influence future purchasing from me. Not that them opening it up would make me run out and buy a console, but them charging is certainly one reason why I haven't (though mostly system/game cost and a lack of interest)

5. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Go use the PS3 network and see why we pay for Live...

6. Narvi

Narvi What's a Dremel?

Nice guy, to actually tell Microsoft about it.

7. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Be nice of MS to reward him with a free life time subscription :D

8. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

So someone starts posting that he knows how to get Xbox Live for free and people believe it?????

Wheres the proof???? Am i missing a link or something or not seeing it.

I get free unlimited broadband for life. Wont tell you though, but ill tell the isp's as I feel sorry for them loosing £30 a month.

9. Cabe

Cabe What's a Dremel?

TBH it would be easy enough to fake that with couple of entries into your hosts file and some swift work with a html editor.

Good on him for being honest though.

10. saeghwin

saeghwin What's a Dremel?

I think the PS Network works fine, at least from what I just played 3 minutes ago in Ridge Racer. I was playing 5 people from Japan, no lag. Granted there is no major means of communication between the lack of a microphone and a language barrier (besides all of the preset greetings and comments you can choose). I still want to see how the chat function works though, it is supposed to be relatively nice from what I have heard.

11. Lucidity

Lucidity What's a Dremel?

One thing I noticed is that he didn't click on the link about the grace period.....

12. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

You'll also notice his service is noted as 'Active'. If you read the 'Active' note, it means the service is enabled. As for what you're looking for, the activation date, was end of October, 2006. The 1 month trial had an expiration date, of January, 2006. This obviously isn't normally possible. I say congrats to the guy that found it out, and hopefully MS will give him some credit for finding the bug, and pay him for his discovery.

13. McFlyinCA

McFlyinCA What's a Dremel?

All I want to know is how I can "use" this discovery for myself. I also hope Microsoft compensates this gamer for finding a pretty big bug for them.

14. Tman08

Tman08 What's a Dremel?

Does anyone know if theres something like this, but for the Microsoft points?

15. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

16. Reevey

Reevey What's a Dremel?

The person who claims to be the one to have done it, calls himself sprite on irc, has now made the following claim:

"(19:38:19) (+sprite) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K02TeLfyUb0 - Xbox live.. got passed it again.. THey cancelled me.. But now i managed to get a silver account to play with gold features. IN YOUR FACE MS
    (19:38:31) (+sprite) there u go, MS gonna go a bit apeshit over this one lol"

*shrugs*

17. jackdaniels88`

jackdaniels88` What's a Dremel?

hey the exact same thing has happened to me, my free trail has run out. i can still play online and it says i have a gold mebership, i aint gunna go to the trouble of doing a video or contacting microsft im just guna count my blessings. i suspect that like me this guy was just very very lucky
    im gunna enjoy my free xbox live hehe

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Closing thread because every post in the last 6 months has been deleted :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.