1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Xbox One S controller cant connect to phone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrapBag, 26 Feb 2020.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

My son is on the Project X cloud Beta and bought an Xbox One S controller to use with it on his phone (plus he will use it on his PC)

What ever he does he cannot get it to connect to his phone via Bluetooth, the controller is detected but once you click on it to pair it sits there for a few seconds and then throws up a message saying it needs a passcode or phrase.

We have googled the hell out of it but cant find out anything.

He has a Moto G4 phone which is compatible according to the spec sheet so we are confused as to why we cant get it too work.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Try 0000.

Of that doesn't work plug it into a pc and update the firmware.

If. I hate phones so much.

3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

It doesn't really give you the option to put a code in just the error message unfortunately and my lad says he's updated the firmware and let the app check it to confirm its on the latest :(.

4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Was it paired to a console (or in pairing mode with a console nearby) before? IIRC, to force-unpair an XB1 controller:
    - Make sure any nearby consoles are unplugged
    - Plug the controller into a PC via USB (make sure the PC does not have the fancy-pants Xbox wireless adapter connected if you have one), let it be recognised by the PC as a controller
    - Press and hold the pair button on the controller until the light flashes
    - Unplug from PC

In theory just plugging it into a PC via USB should force it to forget any previous wireless syncs it had, the other steps are belt & braces.

5. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I'll.try some of that thanks although we done own an Xbox one so it's definitely not paired with one.