1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Xbox scratch Acrylic case, Power Problem

Discussion in 'Modding' started by 07SAM70, 13 Jun 2009.

1. 07SAM70

07SAM70 I dont know how they got there

Hello everyone, i am in the middle of designing my own scratch build 360 case made out of coloured acrylic. I wont show any designs yet because im not sure if it will work. but if i can get this sorted then i look to start next week!

The problem i have is power, i would like to add fans and led's within this case, fans mainly because the whole idea of the project is to increase cooling. But i have little experience with circuits and what not so i feel i would need maybe another power supply to power these fans/led's??

Would that sound right? if so can someone point me in the direction of what sort of thing i need :D

or maybe find power points on the 360 motherboard that i could solder the wires to?

:confused:

I have experience in soldering and very basic things like making wires longer

Thank you! :D:thumb:

2. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

http://www.xboxchopshop.com/catalog/man_360_volts.php

You can also get 12v off the cable going to the console's optical drive if you need that for a pump or fans and don't want to solder to the board.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of any of that information though, I'm just going by what I've read - Haven't done any of this myself.

3. Atheistmunk

Atheistmunk planing future mod

4. addicusSD

addicusSD Banned

this is pretty simple, and it will convert everything into molex, if your as inexperienced as you say, and if you can get this done, adding fan, cathodes or whatever, will be as simple as adding them to your computer.
    http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-50.html

5. 07SAM70

You couldnt have made it any simpler! thank you, this mod will be starting next week hopefully! first task is to start building the case using a broken 360 as a mock up, i will post a project log. Thanks again :thumb::D

6. 07SAM70

Little advice on airflow?

Okay, i have decided that im going to go ahead with this build. I am waiting to hear from an employer if i have the p/t job i apllied for then i can start this build, hopefully in a few days it looks promise-ing *fingers crossed*

This is a reeeaaally rough design of what i want it to look like, as you can see my sketchup skills arent the best, i do most my design on paper but for you i tried this.

[​IMG]

Basically i am trying to determine where to place fans on the case for the best airflow, i think a maximum 4 fans whatever size, my first idea was to have them this way with one side intaking and the other blowing out...

[​IMG]

any other ideas or feedback on mine? i know the skethup design is very minimal which may make it a little difficult sorry. i plan to use scythe very thin fans though.

Thank you again! :thumb: