1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Xbox Series X hardware specs are announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 17 Mar 2020.

1. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

If you have PsPlus sub there is also a cloud backup option for saves on the PS4.

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ah, I did not know that. In fact, I don't even know if the 360 does and I've been on that for years. It still does things I find odd, like sit constantly cycling its power light as if it's downloading in the background, but when I check in the guide tabs, there are no active downloads and it says "Syncing ghosts" or similar. Plus I can't add any Xbox One Games With Gold via the dashboard like I used to be able to. This is on one of the newer 360S models as well. I've just reconfigured my bridge though (an isolationary project success at last!), so I'm interested now to see if the older model downstairs has the same issue.,,

Back on topic though, it seems the cloud saves are the way to go, with backups to an identical hot-swap drive for games or if you don't have Xbox Gold/PSPlus account. What happens if/when they turn off the cloud save servers though, for eg. to get all 360 owners to either upgrade or die? Haven't checked but can I copy my cloud saves back to a drive(s)?

And on the hot-swap copy note, is it easy to carbon copy a drive with unreadable Xbox data to another from within Windows, even though it won't recognise what it is copying?

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Well clearly the problem is your Xbox is being haunted over the internet.
    Xbox and 360 drives can be read from other OSes (using physical adapters when needed). I think you can do similar with the internal XB1 drive, but that requires some mucking about with the partition table if you want to replace the internal drive in a console, so there may be issues with direct copies between consoles if it's looking for one consistent GUID and getting two from different places on the drive.

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ha! The way my IT issues are multiplying at the moment, I really wouldn't rule out malicious spirits from the ether(net).

Didn't know that about GUIDs, but I meant as a backup for one machine, rather than use a copied drive in another. Just backup a drive in case of failure and chuck in the reserve if the primary goes down.

Tags: Add Tags