1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows XBOX TO REPLACE PC!!!hear yee hear yee!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by djgizmo, 31 May 2002.

1. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

2. batsman

batsman the quiet one

after a quick read of that, all it looks like is a network kit with a few file share programs, just a rip off of the ps2 add on, which should come with 10/100 network card HDD and Linux os.

the X box will never replace the pc purly because of its limited capabilites.

(athon and GForce 3 up beats an x box any day)

3. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

What's the viability in adapting a high end PC into thinking it's an xbox (to play the xbox games etc).

Would the games benifit from more power?

4. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

yeah this thread was just a joke anyway!
    i know bloody well that the P3 733 processor in an xbox sucks!
    anyway... my cousin has a ps1 and he also had a P2450 with a TNT1 16meg(this was a while back) and so anyways, the ps1 games that we tried on bleem(for ex.Gran turismo), looked way better on his pc than on the PS.

5. batsman

batsman the quiet one

have they got an xbox emulator out yet, apart from the fake trojan horse one?

if so what are the specs for it?

6. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

i dunno... there probably is, and if there ain't, there will be one right away... someone'll do it... anyway, even if there was one to be had, i wouldn't want it, cos i've got enough pc games, it's illegal, and xbugs games are bloody expensive... even if you can get pirate ones, they'd have to prolly be burned onto a DVD, which adds to the costs... they could have viruses, and, aside from maybe HALO, i doubt there's any xbugs games which aren't available for pc (for half the price) which are worth getting anyway... anyhow... something tells me the moderators are gonna close this thread... they don't like us talking bout pirate stuff. :eeek:
    and did i mention i'm a 56K:er, so that makes it kinda hard to download pirates...

Last edited: 2 Jun 2002
  7. batsman

batsman the quiet one

no i'm on about on efor xbox game rental, blockbuster do like 4 games rental for £9.99, that way you dont have to spend ages downloading roms or attempting to copy em.

8. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

well that's just brilliant... i never thought of that... we don't have blockbuster here... we've only got some crappy filmtown, or similar crap... well that ain't a bad idea... i guess... but you still need to burn the cds somehow... i guess... and i sure as heck wouldn't wanna do that... i've only got one 16x cd burner in the house at the moment, and i doubt i'll be getting a dvd burner for about three years... or untill they get to be around 12X and affordable... i still don't really see the point... why xbox? and you still have to pay some monneh for the rental...

Last edited: 2 Jun 2002
  9. batsman

batsman the quiet one

cos i can and then stick 2 fingers up at all the people saying x box is better than pc

10. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

good point... then you can say, that a pc does absolutely everything an xbugs does, but better and it also does a gazillion other things too...

11. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

Gmecube 0wnz j00!! :D ;)

12. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

as for gamecube, they did a pretty smart move, cos their games can't be copied, but then again, you also can't use a gc for paying music, or watching dvd movies... so in the end it ain't all that great.

13. K

K 528491

Well I use my games machine for playin games.

I use my DVD player for playin DVDs.

I use my CD player for playin CDs.

*cough*

14. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

exactly! :D

15. K

K 528491

Ancient Proverb (kinda):
    The GameCube has a handle, yet needs not one. The XBox has none, yet needs at least three.

16. batsman

batsman the quiet one

lol :lol:

another proverb: good things come in small packages, and the xbox isn't small is it?

17. K

K 528491

Hell no, it's powered by four immigrant workers that draw the on screen display quicker than any ATi or nVidia GPU. In fact the workers are extremely comfortable and believe it's the best office space they've had in years... Lucky devils.

18. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

lol :lol:

19. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

xbox was made smart....
    its DVD drive reads from the outside in whereas a PC reads from inside out. can you buy a DVD drive for a PC to run backwards? -no

also how ya gonna copy the xbox OS thingie onto a different hard drive if you want more than 8 gig

20. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

a truer word could not be said :D

Tags: