1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Da_Rude_Baboon, 6 Jan 2012.

1. vampalan

vampalan What's a Dremel?

Wibble wibble.. just watched it all.. so excited! With all the let downs of Jagged Alliance and all..

2. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Bloddy hellfire!!

If thay can pull this off in the way they intend and it actually works then I am willing to have their babies.

This is what X-Com deserved to be in the first place but obviously the tech at the time was the limiting factor - definitely looking forward to this one. Hell, I'll buy it even if its crap.

3. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Really looking forward to this. As most have already said, please don't screw it up.

4. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

5. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

6. nimbu

nimbu Modder

Really hope that this works out well, still play the original via steam now and then!

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

6 minute clip of the Multiplayer that has been made. Sounds like good fun to be honest.

Cannot wait for this release. October is going to be good :)

8. impar

impar Minimodder

9. Concrete-Coffin

Concrete-Coffin Minimodder

cannot wait for this remember playing original when i was 13 its was the bollocks

10. impar

impar Minimodder

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Oh ffs! Yet again GAME get the PC Special Edition as an exclusive. :(

For a company that pretty much went belly up, why do they still get these things?

In fact, why are there retailer specific exclusives at all? I was almost tempted to scrap any order of Dishonored due to the 5 or 6 different "retailer exclusive" versions that are set for release. It really is annoying. I don't like GAME, I don't want to pay over the odds for something either.

Yes, I prefer to support independent retailers, those that know me know that I primarily buy all my games from ZiiP. That's because I get better prices and better service from there than large chain stores. It's stuff like this that just annoys the hell out of me.

X-COM is in my Top 3 most anticipated releases this year and I've been scouring the net trying to see where I could get the special edition. There's not a huge amount extra in it, but still it would be nice to have for all the effort the devs have put in. Then it turns out that it's a bloody exclusive to a company I refuse to buy from.

Poo. :(

13. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Totally agree man. I want the SE too, but there is now way that Game is going to get a single penny from me.

It makes me sad that all this work is done into making a great game, and then the marketing people come along and slice it and dice it to try and get as much revenue from you as possible. It's very insulting and not a great way to treat your customers.

It actually makes me want to think seriously about whether I should buy the game at all. There is so much stuff out in the coming months that maybe I will just wait a while for this one.

14. [ZiiP] NaloaC

It's not the end of the world missing out on the physical items, but they would be nice to have. ALL pre-orders will get the Elite Soldiers Pack, so there is no worries there in regard to where you source it from. This has been confirmed by the devs, the website and James over at the Gamestore as well.

Since the SE is from GAME or nothing, I'll be going with the standard edition from ZiiP. I think it's going to be listed today.

It is a shame when something like this is made and so much effort goes into making it, then the release is restricted and it does deny people access to things they would like to get.

15. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

Now available on pre-order from Steam

Including SE edition items - if enough people preorder.
    TF2 items and a copy of Civ5

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Standard Edition for €50.... I think not. I would be almost willing to pay that for the Special Edition. Looking at around €35 from ZiiP.

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

I also find it funny that they are advertising the Elite Soldiers Pack as an "unlock" for pre-orders when the devs have stated repeatedly that it is available with ALL pre-order editions of the game. No word of a Special Edition there at all, just TF2 nonsense and a free game.

18. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

Ah well the steam version is £29.99 here so it's not quite that bad - Is the 'Elite Soldier Pack' not the special edition? Or is that something else?

19. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

The unlocks on Steam are a bit disappointing. The first one we should get anyway as NaloaC said, the second is just tat and will just make people message me to trade stuff and I already have Civ V!

Also, most people I know are buying the 360 version - what to do, what to do!!

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

The proper Special Edition is a GAME Exclusive. I was talking with James from the Gamestore and he said that as far as his suppliers inform him, it is impossible for him to secure the special edition. :( Sucks big time and their exclusive deals really do piss me off.

I enquired further and he said that he is trying to source better stock so as to get the best possible price, so I am going it wait before I order anything. There is still a month left before release, so lots can happen before then.

For cost and service, I'll be using the Gamestore.