1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Xeon over-volted or under-volted?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deep-Blue, 24 Oct 2007.

1. Deep-Blue

Deep-Blue Part-time Overclocker

After some previous issues overclocking which seemed to be down to memory, i've developed a new....niggle.

I have a Xeon3210 on an nforce 650i board, and i keep getting solid lockups. Unlike previous overclocking, where the machine has just rebooted like someone pressed the reset switch where the voltage for the cpu was too low after an overclock, the machine occasionally freezes, solid, music/vids halt and i get a continuous output from the speakers of whatever was playing.

I've got the CPU running at 3.2 or 8x400 with a voltage level set to 1.42500v in the BIOS, but it seems to droop to 1.4 most of the time.

There is a link to my cpu-z conf page showing things in a bit more detail HERE

Do i have too much voltage going into it, or too little? Or something else altogether?

For the record, the 8Gigs of memory is DDR2-800, running stock at its rated 2.0v, and seems to memtest perfectly fine.

2. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

If you try taking down the clock of your processor, it might become stable.

Tags: