1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V XFX 6600GT S-Video problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mord, 28 May 2005.

1. Mord

Mord What's a Dremel?

Im currently trying to connect my 6600GT to my widescreen television using the S-video connectction. I have an s-video to composite video adapter that came with the card plugged into the S-video port, then an composite video cable running into my tv. The only problem is the TV recognises theres a signal, but no picture emurgers. When I goto the Nvidia Graphics menu, the only options for montiors are the dual CRTs I have plugged in and the TV is not listed any where. So I removed one of the CRTs and tried all sorts of combinations and resets of the machine, but it still dosnt work, and then two crt's are not plugged in, I loose the option for the multiple montiors from the menu in nvidia options, just dissapears until I plug a CRT back in.

Ive tried a few diffrent video cables, diffrent adapaters, but the same problem. No boot screen, no windows or nothing on the TV itself and my PC dosn't show any signs of knowing its there.

2. Mord

Mord What's a Dremel?

bump

3. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

Does your TV have a component input? If so, forget S-video and use a VGA to component cable.

4. Springs

Springs Boing boing

i think i had the same problem... i used a s-video to composite adapter to connect my tv to the com but it didnt work so i tried a s-video cable and it worked straight off.. its got to be something with the composite cable...

5. Mord

Mord What's a Dremel?

Only problem is my TV dosn't have an S-video port, only RGB so im a bit stuffed really if thats the problem.

Cheers anyway guys.

6. Springs

Springs Boing boing

if u have a scart.. get a svideo/composite to scart adapter.. works for me..

7. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

RGB is another name for component.
    Just get the right cable for that.

8. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

have you got the latest 6600 drivers from the nvidia site? i have a xfx card, and it worked like crap the first week i had it. i downloaded new drivers from the xfx site, and that didn't fix anything, but when i got new drivers direct from nvidia all my probs were fixed. my problems were different to yours though, i've never tried the tv-out on my card

9. Mord

Mord What's a Dremel?

Ok this is the setup I have

6600GT -> Svideo Adapter -> 10m Composite video cable -> av input on tv.

Ive also tried

6600GT -> Svideo Adapter -> 10m Composite video cable -> Scart adapter -> tv.

Ive tried switching cables, even used a voltmeter on it, everthing looks fine, but still won't work and won't show anything for "Nview display settings".

10. Springs

Springs Boing boing

have u tried using just a svideo cable with only a scart adapter.. thats what i used and it worked..

Last edited: 18 Jun 2005
  11. blackadder1000

blackadder1000 What's a Dremel?

I have the same graphics card as you. If you go into Display Properties, Settings, Advanced, then onto the Nvidia 6600gt tab and down to Tools there is a button labelled 'detect displays' - have you tried that? (obviously with the TV connected).
    If that doesnt work there is a checkbox to force TV detection.
    You should then be able to switch the output to the TV

12. fev

fev Industry Fallout

older widescreen tv's have hissy fits with tv out

my 28" goodmans doesn't like s-video to scart... i get a picture but it's black and white.

*Sigh*

13. foenix

foenix What's a Dremel?

if worse comes to worse, you can purchase off ebay a vga to componant video adapter, costs something slike 10 dollers shipped, works wonders with my projector!