1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News XFX jumps into bed with AMD

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Dec 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

So is EVGA the only partner for just nVidia?

3. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Awesome! Love the XFX cards and i can't wait to see their versions of AMD/ATI video cards/

4. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I'll come out and say I generally go to XFX first and foremost for cards. I like their support, the double transferable warranty, and the modification-friendly outlook on their products. And, not to forget the black PCBs. ;)

I'm interested in seeing what they have up their sleeves for ATI, considering they seem to steer away from reference designs. I may even defect 'graphics camps' too! :hehe:

5. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

SWEET!! finally ati has a board partner other than sapphire(who loves blue too much for me...) with a good rep and some amazing previous designs, I cant wait to see what they will do.

6. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

black PCB with a 4780 inbound? \o/

Now all we need is a company that starts making white editions again :D

I do think their marketing lines are a bit too studied. I'll care when they say it like they mean it :p

7. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

hmmm, kinda makes sense seen as xfx crave the edge on performance, and seeing the the 280 isnt quite as good as the x2 and that nvidia does look to be taking the crown back any time soon, or more that ati has sorted itself out since the merger that it will now be regularly competitive. nice to see another partner though

8. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

I likes me some XFX.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

BFG (and Zotac to some degree) too.

I think this can be huge for XFX providing ATI keeps its pace, and potentially it'll give Sapphire a kick up the backside too.

10. Goty

Goty Minimodder

You could probably say the EVGA is the only BIG exclusive partner NVIDIA has left. BFG isn't quite as prolific, and Zotac definitely doesn't fall into the "major partner" category, either.

11. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

ATi really needs to think ahead right now. I can only hope they aren't becoming complacent. This position for them is only temporary as nVidea sits back while it has time to develop its next round, ATi I feel is sitting back and thinking its on top of the world with the 4XXX series. They need to be sure they have the next step ready. Much like the mistake AMD made with the Athlons. It thought it was going to be top dog as it kept pushing the same chips as Intel quietly developed the Core 2 models.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

BFG is pretty ****ing massive too :p Especially in the States. It's just the EVGA team is mostly US and gives it tons of attention and marketing.

Zotac is very large in Europe, not so much the US.

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Hmm... makes me pray even more my XFX 8800GTS/640 lives a bit longer... at least until they release their 4850/4870 models. :)

14. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I've got an xfx 7950 gts love the card to bits, very silent. I would purchase xfx again

15. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

So in other words, what they really are saying is that XFX WAS "..synonymous with the extreme performance that enthusiasts crave,”. :)
    ATI/AMD are doing more optimizing to their drivers than their PR department slanderers can keep up with, which is rather worrying.

I hope XFX hasn't jumped in the deep end with this, and that the consumers don't get to feel it.

16. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

After the fuss I had when my XFX 6600 keeled over, I will always by BFG, expert returns and friendly.

Might have to send back a 8800 GTX soon though, seems it keeps artifacting randomly. Hope they are still as good as last time I used them to RMA card after OcUK said they wouldn't take it.

17. Goty

Goty Minimodder

I don't really think they're getting complacent, they're probably just readying RV775 for the round of refreshes coming next year.

18. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

this shall be very interesting.

19. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

whats that you say? a 4870 1GB Alpha Dog? yes please :D

20. Gremlin

Gremlin What's a Dremel?

This was posted yesterday by the xfx rep on overclock.net since everyone was badgering him about it from the moment the news started to leak out

Tags: Add Tags