1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware XFX Radeon HD 5870 Black Edition Graphics Card Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 17 Jun 2010.

1. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

I'll take a Hd 5870 with voltage tweak any day over a Gtx 480. overclock the HD 5870 to over 1 ghz and it will still be quieter, use less electricity, and produce less heat than a Gtx 480.

The GTX 480 is a beast but it is too loud too hot and too noisy. coupled with the huge PSu demand for SLI and your gonna need a Nuclear Reactor to power a GTX 480 SLi config.

"Well spend $200 and water cool". at this point you might as well get a HD 5970

2. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

What? No crossfire test at all ?!

3. robots

robots What's a Dremel?

The problem with the OC versions is that the coolers apparently exhaust the heat inside the case... The stock cards exhaust it directly out the back of the case. I would much prefer that, seeing as I'm going to be pushing it a bit with my CPU overclock, I don't want my graphics card adding to the stress.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Unless XFX gave 2 cards, I don't think a crossfire test was really necessary.

Although it would've been nice, I can't see the practicality in it since it's usually 2 different cards.

5. sb1991

sb1991 What's a Dremel?

Interestingly, the standard XFX cards have this cooler too (including the 5850 which I just received from scan, despite the picture showing a reference card). Given the 'custom PCB' I imagine this is just a cheaper design to manufacture...

6. kingjohn

kingjohn mod this sucker

no gtx 470 that's a bit-tech odd dont you do price comparisons with hardware gtx 470 is 300- 5870 300+ and why would anyone pay 300 + pounds for a gpu that prefers not to run games with aa .Snoop D music lover

Tags: Add Tags