1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling XP-120 Vs CNPS9500

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yatesy, 22 Aug 2005.

1. yatesy

yatesy What's a Dremel?

HI

This is probably about as extreme as you can get on air cooling.
    I was wondering which i should buy.
    I was close to buying the ThermalRight XP-120, for my Athlon 64 setup.
    However, the new Zalman CNPS9500 is soon to be released, and that threw a spanner in the works.
    While the review on here about the zalman wasn't great- ie it was not overly impressive- would it perform better than the xp-120 with fan??

Cheers
    Yatesy

2. biff

biff What's a Dremel?

I would think the performance of the two would be pretty close, but we'll have to wait for a review that directly compares the two in identical situations to determine this. It would seem though the xp-120 is the better of the two. It also comes down to what will fit in your setup and what direction the best airflow would be. I think the airflow of the xp-120 is better though since it will move air across your mobo and help keep other components cool.

3. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

xp120 seems the better sink to me.

fit something like a silent X ontop and its both quieter and got better cooling potential than the zalman. but then you have the added cost of a high end £15 fan.

4. yatesy

yatesy What's a Dremel?

So far seems like the xp-120 is winning at the mo! :rock:

5. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

If it was me, XP-120, but then theres not many reviews out for the Zalman, which with 6Heatpipes should be more capable.

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I dunno about UK pricing, but the 9500 looks to be about $75US. The XP120 is about $50, plus a bit for a fan. Do the math :) I've also used the 120 and despite less-than-stunning compatibility, if it fits, the performance is r0x0r. Also not being all copper, it's less likely to snap your mobo in half.

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Aye, i'm in agreement with Firehed here :)

Tags: