1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News XP SP3 now available - again

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 7 May 2008.

1. ll.13

ll.13 What was a Dremel?

I got it through Automatic Updates, but doesn't seem to have done anything, as the icon has disappeared. :/

2. CowBlazed

CowBlazed New Member

Any performance improvments can be attributed to the system files being refreshed, actual performance changes is within the -1/+1% ie margin of error. If you have all the Windows updates prior the SP3 it only changes 3 things (read Microsoft whitepaper), can't remember them exactly cause they don't effect me at all. I'll stick with SP2, SP3 after a format will help pack all the updates together, which is its only real purpose really.

3. gzed

gzed New Member

Could anyone post a link to get the exe file for slipstreaming. I can't seem to be able to get from windows update or microsoft website (I've only found the overview).

4. xixerox

xixerox New Member

Well in my opinion service pack 3 is a BIG no no. regardless of what you may have hear it doesn't make it anything like vista. And all it dose is further restrict windows XP. If your running off of windows xp Home edition, thats the reason your computer craws, upgrade to professional . or I rec omened vista home premium, for the novice. you don't need to spend 400 bucks buy the upgrade install without a key then when you log on for the first time use the key and activate windows AIM= mrmerobert

Tags: Add Tags