1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News XPCs get new chassis and an OASIS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 7 Jun 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. New Member

Shuttles are still small so they don't support much highend gaming fun but they have to use up-to-date tech or no one will want them :sigh: I don't think it is a nextgen PC but just your average upgrade :sigh:

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

"dispanded"...? :sigh:
    I think Shuttle rested on their laurels for a little too long, and now they're having to play catch-up. Not sure whether they'll get back the lead they lost though - not Shuttle's fault, just the way the market's moving. With the increase in heat production and power consumption of modern CPUs and GPUs, putting them all inside a small case doesn't really make sense.

Media Centre, the other use for Shuttles, didn't really take off the way MS wanted it to, especially with the rise of dedicated CE boxes like Sky+ and PVRs.

4. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Member

Perhaps by Crossfire support they mean the new 'twin card' from I think Sapphire? I don't know if that needs a Crossfire motherboard, but it would make more sense if the new HD 2600 are as low power as we hope.

Otherwise it's just typical marketing :nono:

5. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. New Member

I think that Sapphire card works on its own, no cross fire. but I didn't read that much on it yet :hehe:

Tags: Add Tags