1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Yogventures substitute TUG delayed by investment setback

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 29 Sep 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Well-Known Member

I'm one of the backers for TUG and they sent out an email to the Kickstarter backers stating details about it. They had a funding option available to them, but it would have meant losing a lot of control over the project, so they declined that so as to retain full control. There is a new voxel rendering aspect coming into it that breaks away from the set 'cubes' that they had been working on and it looks great.

It's a fun project that they've been working on, so I'm still optimistic that they can continue the project, secure proper funding from outside and greater sales and then deliver when they are ready.

It was an agreed decision from the staff they had that they had to cut numbers in order to keep going.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I feel sorry for the guy they cut in half.

wolfticket likes this.
  4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

In other news: Voxel 'game' engine developers rediscover the Marching Cubes algorithm, party like it's 1987. Euclideon continue to claim a Sparse Voxel Octree is an amazing new thing with no drawbacks.

5. mi1ez

mi1ez Active Member

Voxels are back in! http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2014/09/19/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-review/3