1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding You don't have to be a lawyer to...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Hargle, 9 Feb 2003.

1. Hargle

Hargle What's a Dremel?

see I have no case. :p

[​IMG]

This picture taken just as I turned it on with a screwdriver, hehe. I'm actually writing this post on that machine now...

Managed to aquire some cheap components this week and thought I would replace most of the stuff from the computer I was using for net access when at home (an old compaq presario ICK). The presario, being a compaq creation, had a really weird form factor though, as expected, and the new stuff was never going to go in the case. Not letting that stand in my way I discarded the case and went ahead with the upgrade. This is actually going to be used as the subject for my first wooden case tomorrow if I get round to it before I need to go back to uni.

Eventually I plan to put the epia I bought from nih a couple of weeks ago and the other board identical to that one in the picture in some wooden cases. Maybe the old compaq mobo too. Need to decide what each is going to do, original plan was epia as smoothwall based firewall, but it seems like a waste of power...Then a netgear switch and I'm ready to go :)

Need more small HDDs really...

P.S. Yes, that is a Quantum Bigfoot under the floppy drive on the left...it's been in use for 5 years now, crazy.

2. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Why is this in GD??

*snaps fingers*
    MODS!

*runs from scary mods who try to kill me for snapping fingers*

3. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

my server ran like this for a good 3 months :D (until I built a plexi case for it)
    Temps were great, and aside from the screwdriver power switch (I finally made my own after about 2 monts) it was pretty good :lol:

4. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

make sure you dont spill a drink anything over your desk - zappppppppp crackle Pop whizzzzzzzzz then a cloud of the blue smoke!

what temps does it run at then plently of ventelation

5. LaPPe

LaPPe What's a Dremel?

HEHE

My server ran like that for 3 months too.
    Sometimes when I would turn it on with a screwdriver something *screwed* up and it wouldn't turn on for like 20 minuttes or so.
    Until I made myself a power button with a 3 meters long ext.-cord placed on the side of my monitor...

6. wicked

wicked What's a Dremel?

My main comp has been running like that since november i think. Too lazy to put it back in the case and really handy for experimenting and upgrading :) Although powerswitch is from the case, so no screwdriver needed.
    The extended switch idea is quite good, no need to move for a quick restart :)

7. Arcana

Arcana What's a Dremel?

What are those long black things at the bottom of the motherboard? :geek: :worried: just kidding...ISA...wow.

Edit: I am a lawyer...and you have no case...

Edit2: I'm not really a lawyer, but it sounded funny.