1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple You haven't seen a problem like this before

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sleepy_Sentry, 4 Jul 2008.

1. Sleepy_Sentry

Sleepy_Sentry What's a Dremel?

I have the oddest issue with my Apple iMac Intel Core2Duo. When I plug in an external monitor (even if it is turned off), my Airport wireless card can no longer get an IP from any wireless network, though it still shows full signal strength. Unplugging my external monitor fixes the problem. I have tried reinstalling OS X and replacing the Airport card to no avail. The issue also occurs in Windows XP under Boot Camp.

Thankfully my computer has a 3-year warrantly and I will be calling the problem in to Apple. In the meantime, do you guys have any idea about how this problem could be fixed. It has baffled all computer experts I've talked to (myself included). The best answer I've gotten is it's a short-circuit issue with the motherboard.

2. barry99705

barry99705 sudo rm -Rf /

Try plugging in a different monitor.

3. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

do they still have a seperate ariel running around the edge of the screen? could be shorting on the monitor connector in some weird way

4. barry99705

barry99705 sudo rm -Rf /

Yea, there's two antennas on either side. They're plastic coated so they shouldn't be causing a problem. I've never actually run into this problem with iMacs in the past. I'm just wondering if there's something wrong with the second monitor causing interference.

5. RTT

RTT #parp

the way to eliminate interference would be to assign an IP manually

6. barry99705

barry99705 sudo rm -Rf /

How would that help? The ip address has absolutely no connection with the radio.

Tags: