1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education You know what I wish?

Discussion in 'General' started by CardJoe, 23 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

http://www.slipperybrick.com/2008/04/buy-shoes-247-with-the-shoe-vending-machine/

I wish stupid morons would stop inventing crap like this which does nothing but hurt everyone through exploitative manufacture of products, high costs, waste of journalist's time and, most of all, a waste of resources. This show vending machine has to have power the whole time and probably cost loads to make. WHY?!

And while we're at it, why does the Merecedes Garage down the road need to have all 50 billion of its flurescent lights, plus air conditioning on ALL NIGHT.

This is how we are killing the planet and, frankly, I'll be happy when it dies so f**ktards like the supporters of these ideas can be wiped clean from the face of the planet.

Where's a zombie apocalypse when you need one?

2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I know the feeling. Some days I want to donate to the Republican party just to help speed the demise of all humans. Some times it seems like the sooner we can eradicate human life from the planet, the better!

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I agree with you on the garages, they don't need to be lit up like the surface of the sun and then internally cooled so they don't spontaneously combust. I can understand they need to be lit, for security measures, but when there are lights and lamps up the ying yang, it's just overkill. And running aircon through the evening is pointless. At least put a timer on it so it's off for a few hours through the night.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

sadly energy is still cheap.... when it gets expensive we will see these f**kers stop wasting energy!

edit: at least its fluorescent bulbs...

5. RTT

RTT #parp

It doesn't. They all shut off at (I guess) 10PM or so except for a few at the very back which are probably only on for CCTV around the desks or something. I thought the same thing, then I walked past very late one time and I was pleased to see they do actually turn off :)

And how do you know the air con is left on? Been breaking in have we? ;)

6. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Bah Tree Huggers’ :p

7. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I thought stuff like shoe vending machines was aimed at the lowest common denominator. Same goes for all other crap like mobile ring tones, premium text services, BBC Three et al.

Off topic, but I always figured that if I ever met a girl who drives around with a baseball bat in the boot of her car, y'know, just in case of zombie invasion... I'd marry her.

8. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Surely the shoe vending machine is a gimmick/publicity stunt? No one would buy shoes from there except as a joke?

9. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Lets go on Dragon's Den with it!

Or better yet, lets go on Dragon's Den with an all-in-one zombie apolocypse survival package!!

10. CardJoe

I've already got one. If I start dishing them out then they'll be too many survivors when the Zombies come and not enough food to go around.

11. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I know you've got one, you take your Go Bag everywhere. Question is, given where you live now, where would you go in the case of a zombie apocalypse? Aaahhh missing B&Q in Lancaster now aren't you?

12. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

B&Q is near Morrisons.

13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I had to buy a pair from one once; I was out drinking and lost my own (still don't know how), but when they vended only one dropped and the other was left hanginging inside...

wait for it...

I was hopping mad :hehe:

14. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

we need a groan smiley this 'll do though :duh:

:D

15. iggy

iggy Minimodder

what we really need is one of these dispensers filled with parachute pants so we can all get wrecked and dance like mc hammer.

16. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

As long as the cost doesn't make me bankrupt.

17. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

i said it earlier and i will say it again...... terrible!

18. CardJoe

I'm on a top floor flat with only one entrance and an attic where I can pull up the ladder. I already have a sword and a heavy baseball bat, plus my go-bag and survival books. I keep a supply of canned goods that'd last me at least a week and I have enough portable gaming devices and books to stay entertained.

I don't need to go anywhere anymore.

19. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

...until you need to get batteries :D

20. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Plus a zombie apocalypse will probably last more than a week :p

Tags: