1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Your PC History / Memorable Systems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by T.J, 29 Sep 2017.

1. MLyons

MLyons Half dev, Half doge. Staff Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

As an apprentice at your first job that's a great place to work at having to say "boss, i may of just lost you a grand" isn't one of the nicest things. Now i have multiple backups of that file.

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

The RAM and the CD-ROM were always on the table, and I was trying to work the sound card in. In response to "why" I tried to justify it in every rational way I could why "real" sound was important, to generally unconvinced looks.

We go into the computer shop (ha, computer shops, remember those?) and my parents ask them why we would want a sound card, and word for word and super enthusiastically "Cause it makes things round REALLY COOL!!". And that was it. FFS that was all I had to say? :lol:

Just thinking about it now, a 14.4kbps modem was also part of this upgrade, how could I forget that, the first interwebs at home! I mean... the internet in the early '90s was pretty crap, but also amazing at the same time.

3. sjhujh

sjhujh Member

Don't have any pictures of the system but one of the first I built was a Shuttle SN25P with a Athlon 64 X2 4200+ I wanna say 1 gig of ram and an X800XL from Club 3D this got me through my undergrad and then was replaced by my longest lived and dearest system...

Which was:

Antec P180
    ASUS P5K Premium WiFi AP
    8 Gigs of Team Elite Ram
    Q6600 G0 cooled with a TRUE120 black (which replaced a Tuniq Tower 120 which was a bit of a disappointing)
    A MSi 8800GT which was replaced by a GTX 275

All powered with a Corsair TX750 won off this very site! This system lasted me 9 years and taught me a lot about hardware and all overclocking etc.

Current system had been a bit lacklustre till I upgraded to a 1080 which is better at driving my 1440p monitor... We'll see if this one achieves the same level of longevity and closeness to my heart...

4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun.

Probably my most memorable build was the first I bought and built by myself. E6600, asus p5n32 sli premium wifi, 4gb 800mhz corsair dominator and 2 7900gto's in sli. Shat all over my brother's pc much to his annoyance :grin: