1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Your portable device of audio pleasure

Discussion in 'General' started by Burnout21, 28 Dec 2009.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

I had a pair, and when you have listened to a pair of Bose or Sennheiser high-end headphones, you will think that the Skullcandy ones SUCK. They are fine for music, but if you want it to sound really well you gotta give Skullcandy a pass. Though it might only matter for us audiophiles ;)

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

ok it would seem alot of you guys have bricked Your zen touches! lol!

In order to fix it either use a machine with XP or a VM or XP

before connecting the zen to the machine, go to device properties and uninstall the zen there, you'll find it somewhere, usually under USB devices.

next remove all creative software that interacts with the zen, and its recommended to have WMP10 installed rather than WMP11

Next once you've ripped all that crap off, connect the zen and run the firmware application, it should repair the firmware on the zen, well really its re-writing it. Then build your library up again.

Its a tad harder with a VM machine but if needed i can guide you on that aswell.

3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

For portable stuff - iPhone 3GS 16GB plus my crappy CX300s when I'm out and about and my HD555s when I'm in and about.
    I will be upgrading the earbuds at some time but to what I don't know yet.

4. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I have Sennheiser CX300s (two pairs actually) and don't particularly like them. They don't sound amazing to me, are quite uncomfortable (my Sonys before the Sennheisers were better) and don't look great either.

I'm waiting now for some Ultimate Ears (only Metro Fis) to be delivered, hopefully to replace the Sennheisers.

Oh, and SkullCandys can look nice, but otherwise they suck.

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

lol, i ain't looking at them as there in my ears!

You must admit though for the price the CX-300's are probably the best around as there about £20-30 depending on reseller. Mine were £17 from play.

6. BenK

BenK Minimodder

Rio Karma 20GB, now 5 years old :D
    Yuin PK3s

7. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

A lot of people would beg to differ as they are typically to expensive for what they are.

Anyway I use:
    ATH-ESW10s or Super.Fi 5 (currently in need to repair) with a D2 or h120+D10.

8. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Did all that, on an XP machine, on a fresh build, laptop, desktop, still the same. Mine works if you build the library manually and will random play if you select it through the menu, but the random button itself just wipes the playlist. TBH, Creative could have used a better update system than one that relies on WMP and XP.

9. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

One of these:
    [​IMG]
    With a pair of these:
    [​IMG]

Music doubled with a file portability... :)

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Sony Studio series>any Bose.

Gotta love those near vintage MDR-7506es that pound more bass into your head than standing next to a woofer. Okay that's a lie.

11. pimonserry

I had one of those! I don't know where it is now, probably in the bin :sigh:
    They aren't bad are they ;) A little chunky though. I replaced it with an iPod Nano a few years back...

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

oh boy have you got it bad

i used the random button last year and the dam thing hard locked itself, all the internet said was to leave it until the battery dies, sod that out came the screw drive and i ripped the sod apart to disconnect the battery. As the hidden reset button dont work.

Silver51 likes this.
  13. BenK

BenK Minimodder

Best DAP ever in mine and many audiophiles' opinions. Shame the battery now only lasts for 5 or so hours so it mostly just sits in its cradle hooked up to speakers. I was never that concerned about portability when I bought it and I still can't imagine anything replacing it.

14. pimonserry

The cradle it came with (unlike practically every device today that wants you to buy it separately) was ace, I used to it have music from the Rio over the SCART connection while I was on my PS2... hell yes.

15. Matticus

Matticus ...

A scratched to buggery 20gb ipod photo with sony earphones.

Or for skating, I use a nice little 2gb teknika (sp?), Tesco's own brand little mp3 player and some green sennheisers. Take a beating and has enough volume and clarity to block out bmxers talking about how awesome they all are :p

16. Valo

Valo Minimodder

super.fi 5pro, alessandro ms2 various ipods and iphone 3g

dont need much more tbh :)

17. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Should also mention, I use a pair of Sennheiser PXC300s with my Zune: Amazon link

Great set of headphones, I prefer headphones to earphones but don't fancy carrying a massive pair around all day. These fold up and go into a little case which fits just perfectly in the side pocket of my bag.

18. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Creative Zen 4GB w/ 2GB SD Card

iPod Touch 64Gb will replace it

19. snakerine

snakerine holy immortal gingers

Ipod Classic 80gb and Sennheiser CX 300 .

and merry xmas everyone and happy new year.

20. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Sansa clip for basically everything

Trying to persuade myself into a Zune HD but I hardly use my 80 gb Zune as it is. I found books to be a much better use of my time at work :worried: