1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Your Room and Computer

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 19 Oct 2007.

1. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Office room US edition.
    [​IMG]

2. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I should have been clearer - more space for stuff that belongs on the floor: e.g. my feet, a drawer unit, the bin, etc. Whilst I'd be able to put all of these things on my desk without much hassle, it's probably not a good way to go forward. :lol:

I had my PC on the floor for several years and because of limited floor space under my desk I decided to move it on top, and I've never looked back. I'm still rockin' an ATX motherboard in a small-ish case, and what a difference it makes to keep things compact and tidy.

3. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    New home, new location for my Ryzen build.

LennyRhys likes this.
  4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

It is a combination of things:
    Cases turning into pieces of art.
    The rise of headset use among gamers in the wake of more and more games being multiplayer rendering many gamers effectively immune to external noise.
    SSDs getting more popular reducing HDD noise.
    Silent Watercooling becoming mainstream.
    Smaller cases becoming more and more popular, no one wants to reach down to an ITX case on the floor to plug something into the front USB port.
    Paranoia about damage to the case, tempered glass cubes may look good, but you definitely want to keep them away from the hoover, pets or worst of all: Kids.

LennyRhys likes this.
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This, incidentally, is why I have a USB 3.0 hub on my desk. No fiddling with case-mounted ports for me!
    This is why steel is, and always will be, the Ultimate Case Material. MY WINGS^WCASE IS LIKE A SHIELD OF STEEL.

Literally.

6. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Batfink Cheesecake

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Stopped using my 4K 55" tv as my main monitor and moved some bit's around.

Need to get a bigger space.

[​IMG]

So here is everything in it [​IMG]

1: The part on the left that is sticking just in to the picture is my 55" 4K HDR Panasonic TV, that I used as my main monitor for my pc but changed it due to input latency etc.

2: Just on the left of the desk is my PS4

3: Main PC monitor is a Asus PB287Q 4K monitor

4: Keyboard is a Coolermaster cannot remember the model but it's a Mechanical keyboard with brown switches (very clicky)

5: Corsair M65 Pro Mouse

6: Corsair XL Mouse Pad

7: In between the Monitor and the Tivo box is a HDMI Splitter

8: Tivo V6 box

9: IIyama 24" 2nd monitor for the main machine for Discord etc

10: My gaming machine behind the 2nd monitor, spec's if you want are a 7700K, 32Gb Corsair 2400Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, 500Gb Samsung NVME SSD

11: 2nd IIyama 24" monitor which is used for the 2nd machine

12: Generic Microsoft keyboard and mouse for the 2nd machine

13: Behringer X1204USB mixer for the sound from my main machine to the 2nd machine which does all the video recording, and allows just a single mic and headphones to be used for both machines

14: 2nd Machine under the desk is the recording/rendering machine and when I start streaming again that will handle it, spec's are Ryzen 7 1700x, Noctua NH-D15 cooler, Gigabyte GTX1060 3Gb, WD Blue 500Gb SSD, 4TB Seagate HDD, 2x 6TB Seagate HDD's in Raid 0

15: Oculus Rift not currently setup need to sort out where I can put the sensors

16: Logitech webcam

17: Rat's nest of wires which will be sorted eventually.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Because new case is lovely and small, need to get hold of a USB hub I can mount somewhere and a proper base for the speaker on the left, but hey it works

[​IMG]

9. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Damien C: I have that same webcam, what stand is that you are using?

10. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

A minor update:

My setup:

[​IMG]

Changes: New Mettalicgear Neo-G Mini case & moved things around a bit for better cable management

My wife' s setup:

[​IMG]

Changes: New case fans (Corsair AF120 White), New CPU fan (Corsair SP120 White), Sleeved cables in white , New Corsair RGB Ram (3200 C15), A few pictures of her choosing :)

She has now got hooked on Diablo 3 again.... :D

EDIT: Just out of shot on the bottom right is my retro "beast" housing an immense A64 X2 4400+ / 4GB DDR2 / 7950GX2 & 500GB of raw mechanical spinning power!! :p

adidan likes this.
  11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Apologies for the haze of vape. Took this a couple of days ago. My new (to me) set up for my mother's house.

[​IMG]

adidan likes this.
  12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Cable management much like my own although I try and stuff it behind furniture.

Mind you if i'm sat at the desk and it's out of sight, it's out of mind :)

13. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I guess the webcam has a standard tripod thread, as that is a Manfrotto Pixi

MightyBenihana likes this.
  14. Vault-Tec

I had it all here when I lived here. Trunking etc. Mum pulled it all off lol.

I do need to cable tie up the bits I can see really.

15. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

Simplified things a bit with wireless headphones and a new monitor stand. New desk is on order at which point I've promised myself to sort the sea of wires below.

[​IMG]

16. Vault-Tec

Dug through some photos last night.

[​IMG]

I had forgotten I did that haha. Then it was a Titan XM

[​IMG]

Then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Everything but the electronics have been removed now for storage in the loft. It's not over though, not ever. I have put all of the WC fittings in a tub and put them inside. It will go up into the loft like that, until one day when I decide to completely rebuild it lol. The old school build.

[​IMG]

Still pretty much complete, but needs an air cooler for the CPU as I pulled the WC loop (it sat unused for 8 months I didn't want to chance my luck and end up with a red carpet..)

You guys won't remember this build because I was on a hiatus lol. But this is what four grand gets you...

[​IMG]

Titan Black tri SLI with a 3970x. The board died and I could not source a replacement. I really miss that rig, but by jove it was big.

Plastic_Manc likes this.
  17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Been KonMari-ing the house recently the office has been the latest to get the treatment.

Aside from a general tidy-up, moved the massive printer out of the office (now in a downstairs cupboard on the network), downsizing speakers has also made a lot of space around the workstation.

[​IMG]

Have even tidied up the cupboard with where the PC lives... though not exactly impressive to look at... and no RGB

[​IMG]

And the cupboards are now stacked with boxes and I actually know where things are without having to tear everything apart.

[​IMG]

Particularly pleased with this, which used to be a rats nest of cables and general junk and "bits" haphazardly thrown in

[​IMG]

The_Crapman likes this.
  18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

How do you find the Dell TB16 day to day? I heard some people whining about them dropping connections etc..

19. Vault-Tec

I just bought one of those mats. Polycarbonate, and it doesn't roll so it came in a stupid big box lol. Lovely looking room. Very happy.

20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

No real issues here, certainly no drop outs. The TB15 was a train wreck of a, but this one has been solid IME.

Very occasionally, I'll need to disconnect/reconnect the dock after resuming from sleep, but not often. Perhaps one in twenty resumes (sleeps overnight only).

I undock-redock fairly regularly with no issues, and there's a fair bit attached (keyboard, scanner, DAC, BD-RW, 1g Ethernet, TB3 10g NIC, UPS, DP@ 4k60, headset). It doesn't even take windows as long as I would have otherwise expected to find everything on re-docking.

Where did you get it? I need to replace mine as it has started to crack in the middle (I've had it for 6 years, so it's fair enough), but I can't seem to find the order confirmation email to get the same again.

Last edited: 8 Feb 2019