1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(you're guna hate this) BUSTED concert pics

Discussion in 'General' started by Emzay, 8 Mar 2004.

1. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

I really am trying not to projectile vomit all over the monitor, i really am.

2. ouija

ouija Trust me, I am doctor!

I don't blame ya. Busted well and truely p*ss me off

3. El_JimBob

El_JimBob Minimodder

Hey, theyre just there to fill a niche in the market. Some smart exec saw what big sales 'bands' like Blink182 and Bowling for Soup had done, and created a band to fill that niche in the teen market.

Ive got a little sis (16) who was diggin the sounds of the spice girls and aqua a few years ago. Now, thanks to a little help from her big bro, she's listening to Nofx, Bad Religion, Lagwagon, The Clash, No Doubt, Hundred Reasons, The Distillers, Get Up Kids, Sex Pistols et al.

Trust me, Em will stop playing with the boys and move onto the men when she's good and ready :)

PS - can i just mention how much the new Coheed and Cambria cd kicks ass?
    The way forward for melodic punk rock....

4. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

I allready listen to nofx, lagwagon etc... ffs whats wrong with liking a bit of pop on the side?!

I don't liek your tone El_jimbob - if that is your real name! I feel I have spoken down to..and you didn't even adress me :p so f00k off n let me enjoy my pop! It's not about boys vs. men, its about cheese vs. good music :p oh and a small matter of EVERYONE HAVING DIFFERENT TASTES.

I thankyee

El_JimBob likes this.
  5. penski

penski BodMod

Get some real taste, El_Jimbob... ;)

*n

6. Bentos

Bentos What's a Dremel?

one thing i can say about busted, is that they right their own lyrics, thats something. plus the lyrics are kinda funny:

"one day when I came home at lunchtime, I heard a funny noise went out to the back yard to find out if it was, one of those rowdy boys. stood there with my neighbour called peter, and a Flux Capacitor" (Busted - Year 3000)

the ingenuity of rhyming 'peter' with 'capacitor', what will they think of next?

7. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

It's Pop Punk what do you expect :p

8. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

Dont personally like them but it looks like you had a good time Emzay.Nice pics btw. I only like one of the songs cos its funny -its called Air Hostess .

9. Cheryl

Cheryl What's a Dremel?

You go girl ! and your right everyone has different tastes otherwise the world would be boring. :clap:

10. ouija

"BACK YARD"? ?!?!?! THEY ARE ENGLISH NOT AMERICAN!

11. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

If you watch the video you'll note that it is not a garden which the flux capacitor is in, it is a yard - at the back. Houses all over britain have 'back yards' and I do believe SCOTLAND YARD is british! So stick that up yer wee bottom and err.... yeh.

Cheryl - Air Hostess is a reet good song! I think they're releasing it next :)

I messsed my pants, when we flew over france! :D

12. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

The lyrics are poop :wallbash:

13. ouija

14. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Haha, i know the guy who did the lighting for Busted's gig in Preston a while back - he wishes he'd never told us about that one :D :lol:

busted are crap. no two ways about it really tbh.

15. El_JimBob

El_JimBob Minimodder

The only point i was trying to make is that every one of us has flirted with chart pop music in our time - I myself did up till '92 when Nofx and Nirvana changed my outlook on things - but eventually we all find our own niche and leave the chart bands behind.

I certainly didnt mean to offend u Em, i just meant that its something we all do and eventually grow out of - theres so much music out there - local music scenes, unsigned bands, unheard bands, so many different genres - it certainly doesnt pay to stick to the force-fed mainstream stuff for yr whole life.

Music is a wonderful thing, but i truly believe the charts are there to seperate the true music lovers from the 'casual' listeners. Some will tire with what theyre being given, and will go off to form their own opinions about music, and will find music that really turns them on. The casual listeners will continue to browse idly through the charts forever, never really forming a proper opinion on things.

I recently had to ditch most of the melodic rock i once loved, because it simply wasnt doing anything for me anymore. Ska Punk began to sound contrived. I was missing the buzz from music. My brother introduced me to stuff like Joy Division, New Order, Slint, The Last, Rites of Spring, The Mars Volta, Brain Ticket, Coheed and Cambria - and its all restored my faith in the power of music. My band ditched our 'punka' guitarist, and we've started to write the best music of our lives with our new influences.

Tastes change - its inevitable - and those who truly love and embrace music will eventually leave whats on the dish in front of them, and go forth and embrace the unknown commodity. Bands like Busted have a finite lifespan - like all chart bands - but it all eventually will lead people like Emzay into forming their own unique taste in music.

The charts will always be around - and there will always be bands in there that we detest - but everyone has to start somewhere - and it always leads us to better things.

I apologise for my bad choice of words in my last post - i truly meant no harm.

Peace. ElJ

16. penski

penski BodMod

I steadfastedly refuse to refute my right to dance in my underwear to S Club...

*n

17. El_JimBob

El_JimBob Minimodder

......but thats ok cos theyve already split up. You can just occupy the 'strangely deluded' category. Actually, my g/f works in london with a 35yr old woman who still loves SClub. Even carries pics of them around with her. Oh, and she's single - go figure....
    Folks, make the right choice (and by 'right choice', i dont mean 'start listening to SClub') - I mean, come on, its not like they left a legacy behind or anything.....well, aside from the paedophile fantasy SClub Juniors. ****, I seem to know too much about SClub..........
    Ill just go then...... :blush:

18. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Allow me to say this, its everyones personal taste, personally i cant stand them and i would use nuclear weapons on them, but thats me, but im sure people wont want to sit there and listen to the rubbish i have on, but its what i like, and thats what counts, as long as emzay had a good time, and remembered what happened, that is the thing that counts, now...as she has been satisfied with this rubbish the rest of us can set about killing them :D

Sam

Edit, also just realised this thread hasnt been touched since 04 :wallbash: How the hell did i find it?

19. ouija

Oldest thread ever!

20. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Literally, WTF. Hah it's weird looking back to the days the penski emz and k used to post, ever.

AH