1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Yoyotech Warbird i750x

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by woods, 27 Apr 2010.

1. woods

woods What's a Dremel?

Hi to everyone I am new here although I have been reading Custom PC for over a year.

Last month I bought a Warbird i750x upgraded to 1TB Samsung and xfx 5850. Everything has been working fine except for the dvd drive connector had come out during transport, which I found and replaced. But last night I decided to run a Prime95 stress test I let it run for just over 2 hours with no errors but core temp on the cores was between 86c and 92c. When the machine is idle it runs at 48c to 49c and in the mid 70c when playing Crysis is this ok for a machine yoyotech overclocked to 4ghz or should I be worried. I have had no problems with the machine what so ever.

Last edited: 28 Apr 2010
  2. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

It's all running a lot higher than i would be happy with, might be a slight problem with the cooler..idle should be a lot lower about 30c gaming should'nt push it that high, but what you also have to bare in mind is it's clocked quite high. when all said and done the temps are not dangerously high and prime will max everything out

3. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

after the check cleared the bank.. they had a buttsecks party with your money XD

I'd keep prime and folding off the machine and it should last to your next upgrade

4. woods

woods What's a Dremel?

Thanks a lot for the quick answers I'm quite relived

5. d3m0n_edge

d3m0n_edge Lost Is Your Soul

An Artic Cooling Freezer 7 to cool your i5 750 @ 4GHz? I say you're cutting it a little close, but I'm not 100% certain as I've got my I7 920 under water. =S

6. philheckler

philheckler Used to be a pc enthusiast

i run my i750 at 3.6ghz 24/7 with an freezer7 rev2 - full fft prime stable maxes out at around 55 - 60c
    vcore for me is 1.2v , wondering what vcore yoyo used to get that 4ghz overclock stable... ?

7. woods

woods What's a Dremel?

The core volt in cpuz is 1.392 if that's any help.

8. YOYOTech

YOYOTech Experience the power

Hi Woods,

First up - thanks for choosing YOYOTech :)

Second, we do a lot of testing before offering new systems - and unless our gurus are happy - we just don't sell it

We're happy with 4GHz on a lot of the new Intel chips - and your system is working fine

That said, if you ever want to experiment, then a high end air or entry level water cooler would definitely give you a different performance profile

We're open 7 days a week - if you want to drop in and chat this stuff through, then please do :)

Kind regards,

YOYOTech Staff

9. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I'd have to say the boys down at yoyo are very good, it's the only shop i ever use ,I've lost count of how much I've spent down there, Which is probably not good....lol

10. woods

woods What's a Dremel?

Thanks a lot for the reply YOYOTech, I am very happy with the system and have had no problems with it I was just a bit worried with how hot it was getting but am glad to have been reassured that its not going to overheat on me. I'm not often in London these days but will drop in next time I'm there.

Last edited: 4 May 2010